Thatcher dead

She took some tough decisions that needed to be taken but she certainly upset a lot of apple-carts in doing that. Very few if any of the industries she withdrew the bottomless pit of government money from would have survived for much longer anyway but that's often ignored by her critics and is little consolation for those communities that depended on those industries.

We can have her funeral handled by the lowest bidder. It's what she would have wanted.

Coltrane said:
...as an American who is unfamiliar with the inner-workings of the British political machine, could someone enlighten me as to why Margaret Thatcher stirs such disdain among so many?...
That's not entirely true most people down south think she is some sort of legend but she practically destroyed industry so that took out the North and Wales. She didn't rig 3 elections, so she obviously did something right. Growing up down south the only people I ever heard talk bad about her was my dad's side of the family

oldhamblue said:
TGR said:
RIP Mrs Thatcher.
The best PM that Britain has ever head.

produced a nation of illiterates :-)

Two words to all of the people enjoying her death on here:

Falkland Islands.

How many of you were wishing her dead then?
Without the courage she had they would have been back in the Argies hands after 2 weeks. Fact.

As the Sun might say Gotcha!

Strong PM is the probably the best term I could think for her and border line Lunatic the worse, paradox of a person.

SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
dude_eating_popcorn_hg_blk.gif
Way to make a comeback! How's tricks mate?
I wanted to wait until the right time, thought the derby was one, logges on and immediately saw this thread. It just seemed too perfect.

Good thanks mate, yourself?
Good man.
All good here, still fighting my one-man-army of a campaign against the agenda!

Markt85 said:
Blue Smarties said:
Here we go.

The mods should ban threads about this. People will come up with vile abuse and will result in arguments.
The only thing that was vile was her. Think i'll go out on the beer a couple of hours earlier today and toast the old bags passing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.