The 2012 Olympics Thread - Its Over :(

Re: The 2012 Olympics Thread (12th August, Page 258)

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Blue Maverick said:
Well I've absolutely loved every minute of this and after seeing the slapped arse that is Dzeko walking off the pitch today, footballers should take a long look at themselves, I know they won't but in an ideal world they would. I never thought I'd be so into rowing, cycling, diving, running, hockey, dressage, taekwondo and many other sports were 99% of the participants are humble and seem to enjoy themselves no matter the result. Roll on the Paralympics and Rio 2016.

I personally think footballers often get too much of a hard time by the press. They're easy targets because of how much they're paid, the status, and everything else that comes with it. You generalise too much. Yes, there are some absolute twats as footballers, but there are also many who are humble, and gracious, whatever happens on the pitch, just as there are some twattish athletes, like that American gymnast girl, who had a face like a slapped arse, for "only" getting a silver.

Football is the best sport that's ever been invented and it's such a shame that when Lampard went down today like a twat or when Torres did similar when there was fuck all and I mean fuck all wrong with them that the bad press follows. And rightly so.

What I'm clinging on to is Brazil 2014. This could be when football 'goes away' rather than 'comes home' and the beautiful game rids itself of all impurities, cheats, primadonnas and hangers on.

But what's the chances of that?

I thought Euro 2012 was very good in that department. Only one red card (and that was a very harsh decision), no dirty games, not much diving and playacting, and much more respect shown to referees. All very good signs, and lets hope we see the same in 2014. It just seems sometimes people only want to comment on the bad, and ignore the good.

Late Gold for New Zealand
IOC withdraws gold medal from shot put athlete Nadzeya Ostapchuk

New Result

Valerie Adams, New Zealand, first
- Evgeniia Kolodko, Russian Federation, second
- Lijiao Gong, People’s Republic of China, third

moon said:

New Result

I wouldn't like to be the person to ask for the medal back
Nadzeya_Ostapchuk.jpg

moon said:

New Result

British discus thrower Brett Morse apologised to his Twitter followers after accusing Ostapchuk of doping last week.

Morse made the claim after he failed to qualify for the Olympics discus final and also tweeted: "I've had a bad day but it could be worse, I could look like Ostaptchuk

what? it´over?

Thought it goes on this week with Rugby, Golf, Chess, Baseball, Professional boxing and Formula one??

Well, after all, well done Britain. Had been a great olympics

MATCITY said:
moon said:

New Result

I wouldn't like to be the person to ask for the medal back
Nadzeya_Ostapchuk.jpg

Looking as masculine as that you would've thought that she doesn't need dope.

cleavers said:
Markt85 said:
Ducado said:
I thought it was very good

same, capped off a beautiful olympics
I thought most of it was good too, but there were a couple of moments that were cringeworthy, it was nice to see Manchester well represented again.

I actually thought the Closing Ceremony was a bit disappointing with the occassional moment of brilliance thrown in. It was the exact polar opposite of the preceding 2 weeks for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.