The 2021 US Masters

Surely Zalatoris performance here goes against every argument Dechambeau has for doing what he's doing?

Don't get me wrong, the guy's box office. Love watching his tee shots. But can't help think he's a failing experiment.
There's a lot to be said for conservative (small c) golf at Augusta. In 2008 (iirc), Zach Johnson won by hitting every par 5 green in three shots. Easy wedges, resulting in "tap in"birdies. DeChambeau's game is built on power, but as every golfer knows, it's not all about that

Conners and Rose done their best to fuck up my each ways but looks like they’ve both come in for me, so at least a small profit on the week.

That's an incredible brain fart from Matsuyama.
Not a whisper from Nantz or Faldo (or any of the other commentators) on why Matsuyama hit 4-iron on 15 instead of laying up and making a par. Didn't matter in the end. I wasn't surprised by his decision on 13 to go for the green but I was on 15. I recognize there guys consider these par 4s but with that lead surely a 5 would do him. Maybe he said "I have to assume Xander makes eagle on 15" after Xander birdied 14 (as well as 12 and 13) and maybe had Xander made par on 14 then Hideki hits a lay-up. Anyhow, well done to him and talk about "big in Japan" -- the guy will be a national hero the rest of his life! Honestly I would have been happy if any of the other contenders had won too (Zalatoris learned at the same driving range/pitch and putt I used to go to south of San Francisco). Nice to see Spieth back and firing, and Xander is going to win a major some day, as is Rahm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.