The 6-1. Was it such a good thing?

Our early form and particularly the result in that game cemented the accepted belief we were the real deal and clear favourites to win the league.

The form was unsustainable and I suppose PB makes the post as all away games in the league now seem harder and we are obviously not playing as well as we were. Excluding the cup games, our home form has really remained unaffected.

Everyone knows the above so I guess I'm stating the obvious.

But what is not probably obvious to most on here and certainly not obvious in the media is that on recent league form, the last 6 games, we are actually doing well as far as far as results go.

So who has the best record over the last 6 games? Spuds? Rags? Arsenal? Liverpool? Sunderland? Chelsea? Newcastle?

Well, none of them. It is actually City. Some blip......

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2011-2012/form-table/full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... table/full</a>

Yes - apart from it being the heaviest defeat in years to have been inflicted on the scum at the swamp for donkeys years iit's also the main reason we are so far ahead of them on goal difference - a difference of 9

In a way it could be seen as "bad" thing. (It was a bit of a random time anyway, top teams were beating eachother by 7/8 odd goals.

But it was at the end of the day only 3 points.
A 1-0 win would have resulted in them coming to us thinking a draw would be something to settle on, but now they'll come wanting to win. Hate him all you want but is there a better wind up merchant than Fergie. He'll have the rags so wound up with the 6-1 probably stuck to the wall, blown up for all to see. They'll want revenge.

But how could a day so sweet be seen as anything other than amazing. It'll be amazing if we win the League and look back at that being our highlight, but if we don't and they do, they can say that it was behind their win. So I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Don't get me wrong, it was one of the best games I've ever seen in my many years as a blue but did we perhaps do ourselves no favours by winning so emphatically?

Since then, teams have generally been terrified of us and parked double decker buses across their goals. Decisions have been going against us far more and referees seem to be treating us more harshly. Would we have been better off if we'd stayed at 1-0 or maybe just got another instead of humiliating them?

exactly my sentiment.

i don't think refs have been that harsh, bar their very dodgy week this week. I think before then it's been pretty fair, Barry just cannot tackle.

I don't think we're playing half as well and everyone still expects us to go out and beat the Wigan's 4/5-0.

I think, and I might get a slating for it, that it, and Spurs, made us look better than we actually are.

Chris in London said:
BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
It was indeed a good thing IMO.
For years they have been rubbing our noses in for this that and the other.

One thing they will NEVER do is put 6 past us at our place. They never did it when we were crap and at HT last week it was looking like they had their chance to do it, but they couldn't.

We'll always be able to remind them about " The 6-1". That's going to hurt them for a long, long time.

More importantly, it should have given this team the self-belief that if they can put 6 goals past the Rags at the Swamp, they can win anywhere.

The other thing about the 6-1 is that, as the song says, it really could have been 10. Dzeko missed a couple of 1 on 1s, Richards should have had a penalty, Silva put a volley over the bar, Yaya curled one just past the post.

Last week, other than the three they scored I can only remember one real chance, when Welbeck couldn't get on the end of a Valencia cross. Our domination of them, and their failure to do so when the tables were turned, will stand us in good stead not just this season but in years to come.

Every time I watch the 6-1, I'm literally devastated at the Dzeko, Silva and Yaya misses! I can't even imagine the frenzy had all those gone in.

10-1 at the Swamp?

It wasn't good, it was: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDUyAMiUYF0#t=0m5s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDUyAMiUYF0#t=0m5s</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.