The Agenda (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments section in the Telegraph after our 2-1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday

Gonzalo Olguín • 8 hours ago

Can someone honestly explain (I really can live without the rusty sarcasm) to me this apparently systematic overlook of Manchester City on the english media? Because, you do see it right?

Why every single article i've read since Pellegrini's arrival (i'm chilean) is full of subtle (ok not so subtle) references to City being somewhat of a worthless and without merit team? Is just because of the Sheikh money?

Why every City goal its written as if it were a tragedy to the heroic -insert any team-opossition? Why every good collective performance is reduced to a good individual performance?

And most importantly, why so many people seems to hate Manchester City?

I've watched the numbers, watch the style, watch the trophies. I just don't get it.

(English its not my language, be nice)

rowantiger > Gonzalo Olguín • 7 hours ago

It is noticeable isn't it? During the last few years the story has been how great a manager Fergie, Rodgers and mourinho are, none of the city managers or players have had a sniff at manager/player of the year etc despite winning 2 titles and 2cups in the last few years. Last season we had that embarrassing media love in for Liverpool (just listen to martin Tyler's commentary and his reaction to the Liverpool and city goals) Even this season we have had Chelsea compared to the greatest premier league sides ever and city who are joint top don't forget in crisis. It does not quite add up!

The perfect fumble said:
Comments section in the Telegraph after our 2-1 ictory over Sheffield Wednesday

Gonzalo Olguín • 8 hours ago

Can someone honestly explain (I really can live without the rusty sarcasm) to me this apparently systematic overlook of Manchester City on the english media? Because, you do see it right?

Why every single article i've read since Pellegrini's arrival (i'm chilean) is full of subtle (ok not so subtle) references to City being somewhat of a worthless and without merit team? Is just because of the Sheikh money?

Why every City goal its written as if it were a tragedy to the heroic -insert any team-opossition? Why every good collective performance is reduced to a good individual performance?

And most importantly, why so many people seems to hate Manchester City?

I've watched the numbers, watch the style, watch the trophies. I just don't get it.

(English its not my language, be nice)

rowantiger > Gonzalo Olguín • 7 hours ago

It is noticeable isn't it? During the last few years the story has been how great a manager Fergie, Rodgers and mourinho are, none of the city managers or players have had a sniff at manager/player of the year etc despite winning 2 titles and 2cups in the last few years. Last season we had that embarrassing media love in for Liverpool (just listen to martin Tyler's commentary and his reaction to the Liverpool and city goals) Even this season we have had Chelsea compared to the greatest premier league sides ever and city who are joint top don't forget in crisis. It does not quite add up!
they see it seven thousand miles away in Chile but the blindfold brethren in Manchester are still blundering about

A gem on SS1 last night: "Two late goals from James Milner give City win....". How late is 66 minutes?

There's an article in the DT this morning about how fans in New York are mad for football. This is just a fortnight after local BBC sent a team to the Big Apple and came back with the conclusion that New Yorkers couldn't give a flying fuck!

However, the piece in the DT this morning trawls the pubs and clubs and searches out The Yid Army of America, CFC fans, and Tarquins. Did they get to The Mad Hatter? Did they fuck? Did they mention that the only team playing MLS football within the geographical boundaries of the five boroughs is NYCFC? Did they fuck! A deliberate attempt, I think, not to enhance the presence of other PL teams in New York, but to erase the presence of the Good Sheikh and his connections to City!

Oh, and by the way, no mention from NoMark Odd'un in the DT that kids could get in for a quid yesterday at The Etihad!!

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
Big Swifty said:
A gem on SS1 last night: "Two late goals from James Milner give City win....". How late is 66 minutes?

It goes with our well reported late 73rd minute winner against Sunderland!
I'm sure they'll soon be reporting about our uncanny habit of scoring late winners borne out of our never-say-die attitude and unwavering team spirit.

Or maybe not.

Do not want to be alarmist but is the news reported on the FL thread that one of the main New York papers has devoted a full page to the Frank Lampard story evidence that the Agenda has gone global ?

SilverFox2 said:
Do not want to be alarmist but is the news reported on the FL thread that one of the main New York papers has devoted a full page to the Frank Lampard story evidence that the Agenda has gone global ?
not exactly global is it?

more like a colonial backwater

squirtyflower said:
SilverFox2 said:
not exactly global is it?

more like a colonial backwater

My mistake, but its a good start to export the theme perhaps ?

Incidentally,when can it be called exactly global ?

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
Big Swifty said:

It goes with our well reported late 73rd minute winner against Sunderland!

As well as the classic BBC headline "City hold on to beat Sunderland" . Um yep, 32 shots to 4. Was backs against the wall time /sarcasm off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.