The Agenda: Part Deux

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Now that we have climbed to the top of the league, the constant sniping re Mancini, team performance, and antics on the training ground are gonna sound a little hollow, and not a little peevishly malicious (yer know what the Rag meedya are like!) so I fancy the next part at undermining MCFC's attempts to retain the title will shift to having a go at individual players. Joe Hart was first up, and I think there is a clear attempt to persuade Woy that Joe is not the automatic choice for England and other goalies are worthy replacements.

Once that hatchet job is up and fully running, I suspect that a striker will be the next target - one who has scored less goals than the others.

The third target will be players who either get onto the bench but are unused and those that don't even make the bench.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Does this mean it's going to be twice as boring as 'Part Un'?

No-one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to click on the link.

FWIW I think the Hart thing is going to turn into an issue. I remember when De Haha was really struggling, it seemed to me that the press were over accentuating the good things he did and ignoring the bad. I don't subscribe to "the agenda" argument but it was noticeable to me.

I think the reverse might happen with Hart.

When you're the Champions you've got to expect a little more scrutiny, but the last few weeks have been an object lesson (once again) in how the press operate.

Look at all this 'in-fighting' stuff. No evidence whatsoever of this being true. Not one dissenting voice about the manager, including from players not getting (what they would see as) enough game time.

And yet this unrest in the camp gets reported and almost simultaneously gets adopted, by the likes of Patrick Barclay, as a matter of fact. Something which forms the basis for an attack on Mancini and yet it palpably isn't true, as evidenced from the fact that we haven't lost in the league for nearly eight months.

I have no issue with anyone holding any view on our club that is founded fairly, but the fact they have to turn to rumours and downright lies to support their position, and to put forward those lies as if they were widely accepted facts, is piss poor to say the least.

moomba said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Does this mean it's going to be twice as boring as 'Part Un'?

No-one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to click on the link.

FWIW I think the Hart thing is going to turn into an issue. I remember when De Haha was really struggling, it seemed to me that the press were over accentuating the good things he did and ignoring the bad. I don't subscribe to "the agenda" argument but it was noticeable to me.

I think the reverse might happen with Hart.

Nope, but am I not allowed to complain/laugh at the ridiculous?

I distinctly remember almost every pundit calling De Gea an "£18m flop", even Gary Neville said he didn't look good enough. And now when he's actually playing well, praise for him is absent.
Joe Hart is a media darling. He got nearly no criticism for his error against Spurs, and people were trying to make excuses for his error(s) against Sweden. There was a good editorial on Football365 saying that they must have missed the memo when it comes to criticising Hart. I think Joe is one of the best keepers in the world, but the criticism he has got in the past week is warranted.

I don't particularly subscribe to this agenda thing either although its easy to see why some do.

However, I was watching Sky Sports news last night and at the bottom it had the bit where it summarises the days scores and on the Norwich/Scum one it had the usuall "Pilkington scores winner and Utd off the top" stuff but this was followed up by "However, Utd were without Rooney and De Gea". Now this never ever happens for other clubs, they just report the match stats.

Plus : Headlins at 6 were Chelsea lose followed by City win. Then later it was Utd lose, then Chelsea lose followed by City win. Now I thought City were Champions. Last year they would have always reported the scum game first as they were champions.................just saying.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
When you're the Champions you've got to expect a little more scrutiny, but the last few weeks have been an object lesson (once again) in how the press operate.

Look at all this 'in-fighting' stuff. No evidence whatsoever of this being true. Not one dissenting voice about the manager, including from players not getting (what they would see as) enough game time.

And yet this unrest in the camp gets reported and almost simultaneously gets adopted, by the likes of Patrick Barclay, as a matter of fact. Something which forms the basis for an attack on Mancini and yet it palpably isn't true, as evidenced from the fact that we haven't lost in the league for nearly eight months.

I have no issue with anyone holding any view on our club that is founded fairly, but the fact they have to turn to rumours and downright lies to support their position, and to put forward those lies as if they were widely accepted facts, is piss poor to say the least.

Good post.

People will brush it aside whilst we're winning, but no doubt start noticing a few things when we inevitably have a wobbly period somewhere likely around ACON. Like sharks, blood in the water and it will escalate again. All we can keep doing is getting the results on the pitch but I don't believe for a second that the constant negativity and falsehoods don't get to the players in some capacity. We've got a strong willed bunch of lads but they're still human. It's pretty hard to ignore as well, it's widespread enough to make it into most peoples lives in some way.

If we lose to Chelsea we'll be right back in crisis again. Conveniently enough Pep will have been spotted in Manchester the night after the match, contents of meetings with Txiki will be public knowledge in a matter of hours, Mancini will be feeling the pressure and Mansour considering selling the club and buying Tottenham instead. At the same time a mass fight will have broken out at Carrington, all those big ego mercenaries, etc etc. It's boringly predictable yet no matter how bullshit you know it to be, it doesn't make it much less tiring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.