The Agenda: Part Deux

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Nope, but am I not allowed to complain/laugh at the ridiculous?

It's not ridiculous at all. It's people commenting on a City related issue, why should you take the piss out of people for doing that? You can disagree if you like, got no problem with that. But going onto a thread just to point out how boring you find it makes you out to be a bit of a dick to be honest.

I distinctly remember almost every pundit calling De Gea an "£18m flop", even Gary Neville said he didn't look good enough. And now when he's actually playing well, praise for him is absent.
Joe Hart is a media darling. He got nearly no criticism for his error against Spurs, and people were trying to make excuses for his error(s) against Sweden. There was a good editorial on Football365 saying that they must have missed the memo when it comes to criticising Hart. I think Joe is one of the best keepers in the world, but the criticism he has got in the past week is warranted.

I thought there was a conscious change in how the press spoke about De Haha part way through the year. It was if they knew he had a hard time and they were reluctant to put more pressure on him. And if you think Hart copped no criticism about Spurs you must have missed the Dzeko saves Harts blushes headline for one.

It appears the whole pro-rag machine is operating in subtle and clever ways this weekend. Every paper is full of praise for the way we played yesterday, and our return to the top of the table. The referees are part of this too, bearing in mind we got given a ridiculous non-penalty at a crucial time in the game, and man united had a great shout turned down.

The dark lords of football have obviously decided this week to lull us into a false sense of security as a club. Maybe they've been reading bluemoon and seen how close to the sinister truth some of you have been getting.

Didsbury Dave said:
It appears the whole pro-rag machine is operating in subtle and clever ways this weekend. Every paper is full of praise for the way we played yesterday, and our return to the top of the table. The referees are part of this too, bearing in mind we got given a ridiculous non-penalty at a crucial time in the game, and man united had a great shout turned down.

The dark lords of football have obviously decided this week to lull us into a false sense of security as a club. Maybe they've been reading bluemoon and seen how close to the sinister truth some of you have been getting.

More misrepresentation from you on people that would just like to discuss an issue.

Didsbury Dave said:

I only buy the papers that slate us I love a good moan agenda mentality

TV and radio all said De Gea wasn't playing due to his wisdom teeth and Rooney had tonsillitis where as Balotellis 'dropped' from the squad and Dzeko could only make the bench again.

I'll give it to Utd they're the masters of killing any potential negative stories in their track. The Rooney one may be true but De Gea was dropped/rotated and a reason put in at the time the teams are announced to stop any bad press.

As for us on the other hand, we win 5-0 and go top but driving home I hear 2 negative calls in a row on BBC MCR (before I turned it off) about Balotelli then the squirmiest that was MOTD, fair play to Vinnie BTW and finally watch the match on Football first and ginger woman and former Arsenal substitute/ Colin Murray sidekick Perry Groves discussing Joe Harts dreadful England form.

I stopped reading papers a couple of seasons back and may start watching tv on mute. Do these people not realise we're unbeaten, have conceded the least goals and are now top of the league? Used to think the agenda was bollocks but now...

Walkbustaxi said:
TV and radio all said De Gea wasn't playing due to his wisdom teeth and Rooney had tonsillitis where as Balotellis 'dropped' from the squad and Dzeko could only make the bench again.

I'll give it to Utd they're the masters of killing any potential negative stories in their track. The Rooney one may be true but De Gea was dropped/rotated and a reason put in at the time the teams are announced to stop any bad press.

I wonder why no-one in the press has questioned the coincidence of Rooney having tonsillitis and missing a match a week after limping off against Aston Villa. I do think a lot of it comes down to media management, and I do think that for a lot of people in the press it's just not worth pissing off Fergie and the rags.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

More misrepresentation from you on people that would just like to discuss an issue.
discuss my first paragraph then.

Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Rejoice my brothers and sisters, we have defeated the agenda. They may revolt again, stay strong.

Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Well it starts with a snide dig at those who are interested in discussing the club and the media coverage of it.

So I stopped there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.