The Album Review Club - Week #125 - (page 1524) - Listen Like Thieves - INXS

Do you want to score the album out of 10 ?
Hi, Rob. If 1 = Clown Shoes and 10 equates to Life Changing Classic (lol), it's a 6.5 rounded to 7 from me. I haven't heard the full album in close to 40 years. Some good songs and memories. Good choice. BTW, I just liked your Lonesome Jubilee review. I need to keep up!

If this was Kick I'd be scoring it a lot higher. I've had two listens now and nothing has really grabbed me apart from the drum pattern from Western Promise by Ultravox appearing in Kiss The Dirt. Ish.

I've never been a fan of this sort of middle of the road rock. I suppose what made Kick stand out was the heavier production and the different styles. This album just seems to be rambling on and on with little or no shocks. There's no Never Tear Us Apart, there's no Guns In The Sky, no Need You Tonight, even no Mediate, songs that were evenly placed in Kick to move it up a notch.

It will get one more listen tomorrow, when I'm all relaxed and mellow...

I've liked some of the inxs songs I've heard on the radio but never wanted to listen to a whole album. Reflecting on this I think it's because I first heard them when they were already famous. MH was a rockstar and it all felt obvious and cliche and I was a bit of a snob. I've been meaning to take another listen because @BlueHammer85 keeps going on about them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.