The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

No way... wow!

Mike Scott, lead singer of the Waterboys is from Edinburgh. (thanks @Coatigan for asking that question!)

Mike Scott in 1983 as a solo act decided to start a new band. He chose the Waterboys as its name, from a line in the Lou Reed song "The Kids" on the album Berlin.

No way... wow!

Mike Scott, lead singer of the Waterboys is from Edinburgh. (thanks @Coatigan for asking that question!)

Mike Scott in 1983 as a solo act decided to start a new band. He chose the Waterboys as its name, from a line in the Lou Reed song "The Kids" on the album Berlin.
Uhhhhhh . . . that's pretty arcane knowledge. But I'm American, and Lou Reed is (was) a national treasure. The Waterboys, however, aren't exactly at the apex of popularity here.

I saw The Waterboys open for U2 on their Unforgettable Fire tour, probably when The Whole Of The Moon was a big hit. Always liked that tune. Guessing they didn't sound much like that before that record and haven't sounded much like that since.

Are the first clues just the band or the record too?

I saw The Waterboys open for U2 on their Unforgettable Fire tour, probably when The Whole Of The Moon was a big hit. Always liked that tune. Guessing they didn't sound much like that before that record and haven't sounded much like that since.

Blimey, i just responded to a Waterboys track a few pages back on their Van Morrison cover. It has that WOTM feel.

Uhhhhhh . . . that's pretty arcane knowledge.
It's more wiki help than anything.
But I'm American,
Indeed, you aren't alone! :-)
and Lou Reed is (was) a national treasure. The Waterboys, however, aren't exactly at the apex of popularity here.

I saw that same tour in early 1985 in Philly!
I thought it was their self-titled first, but maybe not.

Uhhhhhh . . . that's pretty arcane knowledge. But I'm American, and Lou Reed is (was) a national treasure. The Waterboys, however, aren't exactly at the apex of popularity here.

I’m not American but I’m a massive LR fan, I spend a lot of time in the US but don’t think I’ve heard The Waterboys on the radio.You may be surprised.

just the band, the next clue would give the Album title but it’ll be way too obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.