The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

I really am glad to see, and read, positive reviews of this album. And I can see their merit and points too. Helps split it down to purely a taste thing. And maybe timing, which is always a bit of a risk with albums of such a strong mood.
I felt I was taking a risk with this nomination and the first few reviews bore that out. There are after all much safer Van Morrison albums. There’s been some great reviews, good and bad and it was interesting to see a few people drop into the thread to tell us how much they loved it but without giving a score.

As it is though apart from a few middle of the road scores I don’t think I can remember an album that’s attracted such extremes. Really reinforces the point that with Astral Weeks you either love it now or… you will eventually ;-)

From a scoring point-of-view, I think @journolud expected this: Van Morrison's classic album, Astral Weeks, gained 14 scores at an average of just 5.64. @BlueHammer85 will be pleased to know that that puts Van the Man a mere 0.02 points ahead of David Gray, who got a mention this morning. Still, whilst the scores were all over the place, I think we had a reasonable discussion about the pros and cons of the album, and it helped some of us put both it, and some of thee albums that followed in its wake, into some kind of context. Or something like that.

And now, we can all jointly celebrate the fact that we have reached week #100 in our collective album club, so pats on the back all round. Well done everybody and thanks for joining in.

It now falls to @Mancitydoogle to present us our 100th offering ......

Wow, I feel honoured.
ok let’s with some cryptic clues as the others are going to be obvious.

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpeg
    IMG_0189.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
From a scoring point-of-view, I think @journolud expected this: Van Morrison's classic album, Astral Weeks, gained 14 scores at an average of just 5.64. @BlueHammer85 will be pleased to know that that puts Van the Man a mere 0.02 points ahead of David Gray, who got a mention this morning. Still, whilst the scores were all over the place, I think we had a reasonable discussion about the pros and cons of the album, and it helped some of us put both it, and some of thee albums that followed in its wake, into some kind of context. Or something like that.

And now, we can all jointly celebrate the fact that we have reached week #100 in our collective album club, so pats on the back all round. Well done everybody and thanks for joining in.

It now falls to @Mancitydoogle to present us our 100th offering ......

Shocking score for a classic.

I know a lot about both in the pictures. But not yet made the connection in an album/artist sense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.