The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

As expected, People on Sunday by Domenique Dumont scored a low average: 12 votes @ 5.08 which was mainly made up of scores between 4 and 6. It's a score that finds the album sandwiched between The Chemical Brothers and Michael Stearns in the ever increasing league table. Thanks to @GoatersLeftShin for another interesting ambient nomination.

This week, it's the turn of @BimboBob to provide us with a week of listening pleasure.
Apologies folks for not getting my vote in on time. Was in work and thought I would get time but as can happen the day just got away from me with important matters so didn't get to do my write up.
As mentioned when it appeared I wasn't really aware of DD but was pleasantly surprised when I began listening. I suppose that goes without saying when I nominated Aphex Twin at the start of the year.
Have to say I loved this album, some of it seemed a bit stripped back but hypnotic, simple and soothing.
As @RobMCFC said it did often merge into one. I did watch it along with the original film and di enjoy that experience but also listened in the car. I actually found the nature of it calmed my driving and I got excellent fuel consumption when listening, tootling along on my commute at 56!
I also listened to a bit of Miniatures de auto rhythm which I though was a bit more involved and up tempo than much of this selection.
Really enjoyed and will be getting more play time from me....it's a belated 8 from the Derry jury.

Now back to work and listening to ABC

I took your FUQAS model (Foggy's Uncalibrated Quality Assurance System) and adapted it (I assume it's creative commons - apologies if not) and this is what I got..

View attachment 115866
Well, as the categories are Mega Awesome, Awesone, Okay and Shite, and Foggy undoubtedly owns the IP, does this make him Chairman MAOS?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.