The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Likewise it's my favourite Zeppelin album, (but Houses Of The Holy is a close second) Obviously I know each and every track as do you, and have to say you have beautifully summed them all up very very well.
You have lost your way mate .... you should be on Classic Rock, Fireworks, or Rock Candy magazines books. 10/10
Could be wrong but I will be most surprised if we don't have a new front runner that won't be easy to toss.

Blimey, you're keen - 12.03!!!!

Great write-up and I'm looking forward to listening to this. Coming to music in the 1980s, there's a whole host of great music that I've never listened to. I'm familiar with a lot of Zep's songs but apart from IV (which I bought for "Stairway to Heaven"), I don't think I've listened to another of their albums from start to finish. I already love "Kashmir", which I have listened to plenty of times.

Your comment about investment paying dividends really struck a chord with me. There are times when I end up thinking about that tenner that I spent 20 or 30 years ago and marvel at the rewards it has brought me. Can you ever buy something that's better value for money than a CD you've owned for that long?
I've bought far too many cds but thank goodness they do last. I recall in their early days stories about how they would deteriorate physically.

In fact one great thing about them is what good value they can be when you buy them 2nd hand, which I try to do with older stuff on my wish list.

I played PG several times while doing my essay and it was always a pleasure and never a chore to put it on.

Absolutely terrific write up @OB1 - whilst I am very familiar with the album, I definitely need to give it a listen with my 'listening ears on'.

However, brace yourself for incoming hate mail for daring to refer to some Lennon / McCartney output in slightly less than God like status.......... ;-)

I learnt a few new things e.g. I actually looked at the lyrics (there of course is not lyric sheet with the album).

For some reason I used to like Led Zeppelin a lot and then went right off them. No idea why. Maybe I just overplayed them, but is it me or does Plant sometimes sound like he's been recorded while trapped in a toilet cubicle? I hear a strange 'distance' between his voice and the music, plus he annoys me when he fills out songs with "Ooh yeah", "everybody" or whatever.

I'd probably never score a Zeppelin album less than 5 but not more than 8 either.

7 / 10 for this one.

Nice write up mate. I must have been one of those older boys as I did indeed have a canvas rucksack painted orange (of all colours) with a splendid zoso rune in jet black across it.

I know the album very well but in terms of playing the game will go and listen to it again a couple of times with my critical hat on. I can’t agree it’s the best double ever as my previous pick holds that accolade and then there is Quodraphenia, Ariel, Tommy, Lamb, Exile, Sign o the times...I find one disk far stronger than the other but there is no doubt you have made a fine (if rather safe) choice ;-)

I think you are slighly older than me. Back then, even a year could make a big difference.

Orange is my second favourite colour although I don't own anything orange other than some pencils and a highlighter. A true 70's colour. My bedroom had orange and white furnishings, orange curtains and, ultimately, black walls and ceiling.

I did eventually get a canvas rcuksack, in fact it's still in a box in the attic) but I just had biro logos on the back: Kiss, Rush and Starz.

Likewise it's my favourite Zeppelin album, (but Houses Of The Holy is a close second) Obviously I know each and every track as do you, and have to say you have beautifully summed them all up very very well.
You have lost your way mate .... you should be on Classic Rock, Fireworks, or Rock Candy magazines books. 10/10
Thank you, you're too kind.

For some reason I used to like Led Zeppelin a lot and then went right off them. No idea why. Maybe I just overplayed them, but is it me or does Plant sometimes sound like he's been recorded while trapped in a toilet cubicle? I hear a strange 'distance' between his voice and the music, plus he annoys me when he fills out songs with "Ooh yeah", "everybody" or whatever.

I'd probably never score a Zeppelin album less than 5 but not more than 8 either.

7 / 10 for this one.

It can be hard to tell what Plant is singing at times. I think Jimmy definitely puts him in the mix rather than on top of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.