The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Is this warming us up for the merch e-store you're about to open?

Btw - don't know which members you're depicting there but it's certainly not me as the last time I was that thin was about 1989 :-)
It was just an idea I had. We have a Canva subscription for our videos and I've seen my daughter generate some amazing graphics with the AI. So I asked if she could generate something "with four guys sitting around a gramophone."

It took a few attempts, and we had to add the text in ourselves because it's not very good with that, but I'm quite pleased with what it came up with.

It would look very good on a T-Shirt, a mug or a coaster.

Is this warming us up for the merch e-store you're about to open?

Btw - don't know which members you're depicting there but it's certainly not me as the last time I was that thin was about 1989 :-)
When I first saw it, I pictured Rob 2nd from left behind the speaker enjoying the sound, threespires far right hands-on running the gramophone with the latest unexpected selection with a smug smile of "see, I knew you'd like it", with books and literature at his feet, and me and/or all others (take your pick) to the far left trying to figure out what this actually IS that is being played. 2nd right is still up for interpretation, but I did consider one from the balcony too. :-)

Last edited:
I will stump you on the next one as well B&W but to get 9 is a decent effort but one big clue in the main is that Fog's pick could easily be mine.
Fog commented on me seeing SSP a few weeks ago in concert that he was also a fan, and for some unknown (yeah right!) reason that stuck with me. That track for me was always between Gornik (most of the week) or him, at the end. I didn't have enough data on you to know that.

Surprised no one had me down for Substitution albeit I think only 10 participated in the end. Fog's pick was the only one I was really confident on because its a great track.
If I'm to be honest, that is one of my least favourite of their successful single tracks. I like many others more. If I were to pick one, it would have been a dead giveaway to those on the Playlist thread of "Growing Old Is Getting Old". That was the opener at their show, and it was simply amazing!
His favourite track outside his own came in second for me unsurprisingly.
I look forward to finding that out next round, perhaps after the fact once all is revealed and I still haven't figured your selection out yet! ;-)

Last edited:
Excellent detective work, I’d forgotten I’d posted that.
No wonder you top of the leaderboard!
Indeed, I'd forgotten I'd posted about liking Silversun Pickups too!

I should have gone with my other selection -- one I played for my wife, and she said, "My God, that's absolutely fucking terrible." (She swears more than I do, seriously).

I had you down for liking SP but I also knew BWBM liked them so I thought he was the better bet as you might have gone left field.

My wife’s hates a lot of what I listened to and also swears like a trooper,
‘get that fuckin shite off ‘ is one of her favourite phrases.

The last weekend question I already knew the answer to in advance...

Me: "hey, are you interested in going with me to see DBTs?"
Her: "no, you just go and have fun."
Me: "Ok, just making sure..."

Let There Be Rock, indeed!

The last weekend question I already knew the answer to in advance...

Me: "hey, are you interested in going with me to see DBTs?"
Her: "no, you just go and have fun."
Me: "Ok, just making sure..."

Let There Be Rock, indeed!
I dislike going to concerts on my own, but then I go with people who aren't as into the music as I am, and it's even less fun than going on my own.

I think my wife thinks she owes me as she dragged me to Grateful Dead shows when we were a-courting and she knew I could handle about a half hour of the music plus the unwashed hippie masses before I started to want to upload a Slayer CD on the sound system (big bonus points for anyone who understands that reference).

But she also turned me on to singers like Suzanne Vega and The Roches, and we both like Everclear and Flaming Lips and The Lemonheads, and we used to go to jazz shows and still frequent the SF ballet --- so it's all good if she says "You go see Superchunk, dear -- have fun."

When I was young, my friends and I all liked the same bands so it was easy to go together.

Mine and mrs spires music tastes have probably slightly diverged over the years. We always used to go to gigs together and though we still have much common ground we're as likely to want to go to different gigs as the same one these days. Other things have changed too. As I have previously recounted, the night we met she was drunkenly heckling Heather Nova much to the chagrin of some of Nova's fanboys, I am pleased to report in the intervening years she has mellowed or to be more precise has become enough of a two pot screamer that she retires hurt before she gets to the point where she feels emboldened to provide a loud and unvarnished critique of the talent on show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.