The Album Review Club - Week #128 - (page 1587) - Pretty Vicious - The Struts

Awesome interview, love he talks so frank and honest and a insight into the Music industry pre internet age and politics.

Looking at him there makes me feel bloody old !

Right, now for some shameless touting for votes!!...

@trotsky, @aka blue jambo, @Mike N

You've all chipped in some thoughts this week so, unless you are ideologically opposed to scoring music (in which case fair play), how about rating the album out of 10?

You've all chipped in some thoughts this week so, unless you are ideologically opposed to scoring music (in which case fair play), how about rating the album out of 10?

Haha. If you had done it at the start of the week, you could at least have claimed it was for the sake of discussion rather than the numbers!

Haha. If you had done it at the start of the week, you could at least have claimed it was for the sake of discussion rather than the numbers!

Haha, I know. I clearly am more invested in old Bill than I thought as I want him to score well I'm way I've not been that bothered about for other noms!! (Notice the subtle way I implied it's about the love of the artist as opposed to me just being a saddo there :-)))

As a parting shot on Billy, did people watch the video I linked in my op, of Bill Bailey performing 'Unisex Chip Shop'? It's probably my favourite musical parody and the way he says 'do you want salt and vinegar' is just genius.

Lol, I’d struggle to rate it as I’ve not listened to it for many years. It reminds me of starting work in the mid 80’s, a colleague lent it to me and I held on to it for a few weeks so it was decent.

Always liked Billy and the video reminds me why. I think Johnny Marr might have been on this one but I might be thinking of something else.

Haha, I know. I clearly am more invested in old Bill than I thought as I want him to score well I'm way I've not been that bothered about for other noms!! (Notice the subtle way I implied it's about the love of the artist as opposed to me just being a saddo there :-)))

As a parting shot on Billy, did people watch the video I linked in my op, of Bill Bailey performing 'Unisex Chip Shop'? It's probably my favourite musical parody and the way he says 'do you want salt and vinegar' is just genius.

I did similar whith Painting of a Panic Attack, @-ed a couple I knew liked the band. I did genuinely want to read their thoughts though, and there was also the layer of looking back at how people felt about his death some time later etc.

I often say, the numbers don't mean much to me. I'd rather someone gave something of mine say a 4, but they 'got it' and said something meaningful about it, than gave it like a kind 6, but completely missed the point, or didn't engage. Which has happened.

I left the video for later, so a good reminder to circle back to it.

Lol, I’d struggle to rate it as I’ve not listened to it for many years. It reminds me of starting work in the mid 80’s, a colleague lent it to me and I held on to it for a few weeks so it was decent.

Always liked Billy and the video reminds me why. I think Johnny Marr might have been on this one but I might be thinking of something else.

That's fair enough. If you do have chance have a listen to it though. Lots of fun to be had re listening to old stuff which is sometimes the case on this thread. In Billy's case I think it would be easy to assume he was of his time but imo he's aged remarkably well.

That's fair enough. If you do have chance have a listen to it though. Lots of fun to be had re listening to old stuff which is sometimes the case on this thread. In Billy's case I think it would be easy to assume he was of his time but imo he's aged remarkably well.

Just downloaded it on to my phone!

Long time since I listened to BB. I have fond memories seeing play on a Red Wedge tour back in my youth. After all these years, it was great to catch up with his fantastic lyrical abilities. Solid 8/10 - and a great choice!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.