The Album Review Club - Week #136 - (page 1746) - The Rise And Fall Of A Midwest Princess - Chappell Roan

Its almost like that fabled time when OK Computer was reviewed and all sorts suddenly appeared on this thread!

Didnt know Williams was but guessed as much about Floyd due to him using Peaches on his cooking shows
It’s an interesting idea though that might get some traction. Before you rate an album in future you have to listen to the artists entire back catalogue to ensure that you are worthy of a vote. Can’t wait for the next Frank Zappa review. (119 albums)

My comment was about Hats, but yea similar applies. The context was that the album still sounds current today.
I think there’s a few wading in here without appreciating the context of the thread or some of the comments. I knew what you meant.

Whilst I am enjoying some of this weeks album, and being pleasantly surprised buy some of the sounds, it’s a very inconsistent album IMO with at least one track that shouldn’t have seen the light of day.

I would say it’s the other way round. The Doors were immense for their time and remain relevant but The Stranglers have made Rattus Norvegicus and a decade later made Dreamtime.
I could never get on with the Doors.

I think it started with Riders On The Storm. The introduction is very sinister.

I think he's been the best keyboard player ever, even better than Rick Wakeman and that's saying something! But it's all about opinion.

Thanks to @RobMCFC for inviting me to nominate an album as this is excellent thread but not one I've kept up with. In future I'll review up and coming albums and I have a few more albums I'd like to nominate.
Just make sure you stick around to give low scores to the others when it's not your turn. ;-)

Whilst I am enjoying some of this weeks album, and being pleasantly surprised buy some of the sounds, it’s a very inconsistent album IMO with at least one track that shouldn’t have seen the light of day.
It is missing just a wee bit of testosterone for me. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.