The Album Review Club - Week #138 - (page 1790) - 1956 - Soul-Junk

I did wonder about Copperhead Road for a nomination but I assumed lots of people would be very familiar and it would be nice to do someone less well known. I also wanted to steer more towards country rather than that broader sense of americana. Copperhead Road probably has the same issue as this album in that lots of people feel the first five tracks are great and then it's a mixed bag whereas I think it's decent pretty much all the way through. Actually thinking about it, the album he did with Shawn Colvin would probably prompt some discussion and get two for the price of one.

I love Copperhead Road.

Allison Moorer - Down To Believing

It's a solid 8.5/10 for me, I just ran out of time with 14+ hours of driving yesterday to give this a proper write-up, but I wanted to get my score in before the deadline.

"Thunderstorm / Hurricane" was indeed the standout, but there were many more, that I'll hopefully get to soon.

Last edited:
Down to Believing by Allison Moorer got 14 votes at an average of 6.79, which is an identical record to Kate Bush if anybody is interested. I think that it was @threespires who recently wondered whether this thread was fast becoming the Alabama branch of some music appreciation society (or something like that). Well, he's tapped nicely into that vein with Allison Moorer being an Alabama native, and I think this nomination went down well - a lot better than his previous nomination anyway!

Next up is @GoatersLeftShin , who voted this week but was last seen on the forums on Monday.

With that in mind, I'll put @BimboBob and @LGWIO on standby ...........

Afternoon, well I could step in as I have an album in mind but havent done any clues or write up of it myself as yet

Hi @RobMCFC I have an album but not written it up yet so I am happy to let someone go this time and I'll go next if that's ok? Works mental at the minute :(
OK, no problem.

Afternoon, well I could step in as I have an album in mind but havent done any clues or write up of it myself as yet
If you can get this done sometime today, that would be great.

Got my biopsy tomorrow so I may be out of action on here for a few days.

Given these unusual circumstances, if you want to just come out and name the album, that's fine. I can then update the thread title and you can do your write-up when you are ready.

Either way, I'm fine with it, and thanks for stepping in.

If not, we can just stick Copperhead Road in as this week's selection :)

There you go folks, my effort at cryptic clues...I shall now write something up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.