The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

A bygone era and one I believe that we will never again recapture. If there is any instrument that can conjure up the imagination of that bygone era then it has to be the Mellotron.

Foxtrot will forever be in my top echelon of album masterpieces alongside Nursery Cryme and Selling England but then that would be doing a sever injustice to the to The Lamb. This was the peak of Genesis as far as music and creativity went and I can only salute their indefatigability and dedication to their chosen genre for all the musical delight and enchantment their compositions have brought to me.

It's easy to imagine its all about Gabriel but it's really not even though he is God like, no matter how you cut it there was nothing else like them in world of prog rock with story telling antics to die for.

I worship Yes but at times they seemed to concentrate more on that Space time continuum with flashes of the psychedelic to lift of the soul... but not great Genesis-esque story tellers persay. A mention in dispatches to Topographic and also to the wonderful Anderson who remains spiritually and intrinsically connected to all that is mother earth, with snippets of love, harmonious goodness and the pleasantries of the shire..

Some brilliant write ups from the music aficionados off here concerning this mighty fine album and I have really enjoyed reading every single one of them.

I Love Watcher, therefore that will be the cut and paste offered for your kind perusal. An interesting nugget of information is that the title was gleaned from John Keats 1817 poem "On First Looking into Chapman's Homer":

Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
When a new planet swims into his ken

A solid listen so 9/10 it shall be

Nice review, Bob. Welcome to the scoring panel. Stick around for the other assortment of gems we have coming up, whatever they may be .......

I'm sure I've been around for a few of the others. The beyond the beautiful Aretha Franklin?

The was the other thread (Top 1100 albums). My spreadsheet doesn’t lie! (Unless I made a mistake and then there will be a stewards enquiry).

Oh come on, we don't need the likes of him on here, with his proper sentences and thoughtful insights...;-)
Thanks for welcoming me aboard

g4KWwjv.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.