The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

Amen, and after a few of the scores thus far, I may reverse my decision not to review this.
You should, assuming you can get through it. (your words, not mine! :-)
At least when I reviewed Moving Pictures and gave it a 10/10 largely on nostalgia, I spent some time taking the piss out of its ridiculous pomposity and self-indulgence, which is I think what you should at least try to do when you aren't 12 years old any more.

"This record has filler; 10/10 . . . 9/10 at LEAST." Seriously, people?
Moving Pictures comes in at a tight 40 minutes has no filler, and any perceived self-indulgence was found on prior albums, but this one came in very nicely as the band focused their sound to these gems. I'd argue they first did this the album prior on Permanent Waves, but I digress. Even the nearly 11 minute "The Camera Eye" I'd argue is the BEST song on the album. Consider your 10/10 as my MIA pile-on representation in abstentia in not being around to review it when it came up.

And am I talking about Rush so I don't have to start listening to this week's selection which BTW I have not as of yet? Maybe yes, perhaps no.

This pick neatly highlights the limitation of the single answer multiple choice question. If, for instance, I wrote this question:

Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds is....

(a) brilliant
(b) ludicrously brilliant
(c) brilliantly ludicrous
(d) ludicrous

I could possibly make a case for 3 of those answers. So where does that leave me?

Last edited:
This pick neatly highlights the limitation of the single answer multiple choice question. If, for instance, I wrote this question:

Jeff Lynne's War of The Worlds is....

(a) brilliant
(d) ludicrous

I could possibly make a case for 3 of those answers. So where does that leave me?
Wayne’s World?

Jeff Lynne's War of The Worlds is....

(a) brilliant
(d) ludicrous

Deaf.lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.