The Album Review Club - Week #140 - (page 1844) - Lovers Electric - Lovers Electric

Works for the guessing but for the top 10 wouldnt you still have to pm rob to let him know which one you wanted to replace in your track with?

The same one you did in your guess list, i assumed. But an extra layer for Rob to unravel, I get that.

Swaperoonsies?

Plus, anyone cross referencing it that forensically probably deserves the Colombo cup.

Guess it is maybe more work for Rob though.
Yeah, let’s keep the top 10s as PMs as it’s easier to track, and as threespires said, the swap method doesn’t work as easily.

People can always post their top 10s after the cut-off.

"Escape" never made the Alcohol playlist, and I think we're all better for it.

You are quite right on Rupert Holmes's heinous song. I was however referring to an equally bad different song of the same name by Iglesias Jnr which has in turn been given the cover treatment it deserves by Kevin Doyle, Ireland's self-proclaimed premier Elvis impersonator.

Outside of the the Metal Alice song, Kevin's version of Enrique's "classic" is probably the best of a sorry bunch of songs with this title.

Just had my first full listen...what? I'm a busy man, and I'm beginning to think this is some sort of parody thread.

Sure it was nice to hear again Woodstock by Joni Mitchell, Goodbye To Love by The Carpenters, The Boys of Summer by Don Henley and Escape by Metallica, only had this album on the other day, but the rest?

Whoever picked Dogs Eye View and Silversun Pickups was surely having a laugh. It's bloody friends music for the friends generation. Devoid of anything original. Apart from Dogs Eyes lead singers extraordinary wide mouth.

I expected more people. Thank goodness for the left handed piano nonsense that is The Bad Plus. My pick of a decidedly average bunch.

I also like to disagree with you on principle alone. But my first thought of Dogs Eye View was is this Hootie and the blowfish. Who just happen to get a reference or two in Friends, lol. So you can have that. Agree the Bad Plus is the pick of the bunch now too, unsurprising you would go for some extravagance.

I’ve sent my ten to Rob.
It’s a decent playlist all over, bar one. There’s only one song I consistently passed over. (Looking forward to the guesses at which one).
There’s even a song that my missus asked, “who’s that?” each time I play it.
I had to include it in the top ten.

I’m travelling to England tomorrow for a few days. Don’t know if I’ll have a s much time on here.
Enjoy the guessing game.

I have a clear standout too — not as much as Real Estate last time but one band I definitely want to check out.

Also the opportunity exists for all of you to bet on the very rare triple reverse Clarkie — ie. “Fog hates The Eagles and loves Mojo Nixon’s ‘Don Henley Must Die’ and has referred to it multiple times but strangely actually loves ‘Boys of Summer’, so he must have picked it, but we know that he might try to fool us by picking it, so he probably didn’t but the again maybe actually he did.”

I have a clear standout too — not as much as Real Estate last time but one band I definitely want to check out.

Also the opportunity exists for all of you to bet on the very rare triple reverse Clarkie — ie. “Fog hates The Eagles and loves Mojo Nixon’s ‘Don Henley Must Die’ and has referred to it multiple times but strangely actually loves ‘Boys of Summer’, so he must have picked it, but we know that he might try to fool us by picking it, so he probably didn’t but the again maybe actually he did.”
I have narrowed your pick down to 3 as I like them all so why would things change on that score.

Boys of Summer will not be in my top 10.

For reasons yet to be properly established I cannot get into this list as much as the last one.

I have narrowed your pick down to 3 as I like them all so why would things change on that score.

Boys of Summer will not be in my top 10.

For reasons yet to be properly established I cannot get into this list as much as the last one.
Probably not enough country :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.