The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Never heard of them before. I've had a quick listen and I'm getting all kinds of musical references from Radiohead to a touch of Soundgarden. I like the lead singers voice when he talks but he gets a bit whiney when he sings...saying that I loved the first song.

The Church , at the risk of incurring some ire from Rob , Steve Kilbey is one of my favourite songwriters , our equivalent to Paul Westerberg assuming such a beast exists and as a result I listen to much more of The Church than the others you mention notwithstanding he was born in England we still claim him as one of ours.
I was finally able see the Church live last April at a small venue front row for their Hypnogogue World Tour 2023, and it more than exceeded expectations. I found the album was well written, and his introductions beforehand on each of the new tracks was both humorous and added some good context too.

Type A personality all the way!

Kilbey and mates can still rock 'em, and I've always considered him an Aussie given his band origins. Seeing Alabama's own Jeffrey Cain as now officially part of the band was very nice too. They still more than got it if you can catch them live.

Whenever I think of Australian bands I think crowded house.

This is a bit like crowded house.
Whilst technically they were two-thirds Aussie for their main run, I think the fact that Neil Finn is singer, songwriter and guitar player, and is a Kiwi, they are more "Antipodean".

The Church , at the risk of incurring some ire from Rob , Steve Kilbey is one of my favourite songwriters , our equivalent to Paul Westerberg assuming such a beast exists and as a result I listen to much more of The Church than the others you mention notwithstanding he was born in England we still claim him as one of ours.

I don't think I've listened to The Church since the 90s but I see they've kept themselves more than busy since then. Might have a listen to their latest offering once I've listened to this week's pick a few times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.