The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

I went to the Free Trade Hall gig too, not sure why ,as I wasn’t a big fan of ‘The Tubes’ music although the stage show was good, it may have been to be the support band although I can’t remember who it was, maybe ‘Mink Deville’ ?

I went to the FTH gig but can't recall the support although I may have a note of it on a list that resides in our attic.

I also saw The Tubes again at the Apollo.

4 listens is dedication to the task, sorry you didn’t get more out of it, goes to show once again, as if we needed any reminding how subjective musical taste is. I reckon the last couple of scores have knocked what might have been a promising mid table position for it but so it goes, it’ll remain close to the top of my favourites.

This Covid is a fucker, my wife has had it over Christmas and remains fatigued while I take the sofa at night to minimise my chances of missing work. The bonus being I can pop cricket on if I can’t sleep. That though is enough to make a grown man weep even more than philistines not recognising a lost masterpiece when they hear it ;-)
Top man - stat taking sleeping pills rather than wasting it on the cricket, they don't deserve your following ;-)

To be fair, my review should probably be * as it is my only review knowingly with covid.......

That's it for week #13 and a flurry of late entries takes the total number of voters back up to 14, which is not too shabby.

Gypsy Blood by Doll By Doll finishes with an average of 5.79, which puts it in 11th place.
I don't know whether it's the time of year, voting fatigue or the scores are true because it's interesting to note that the five most recent nominations occupy the lowest five positions in the table.

However, as more than one person has pointed out, it's not just the points, it's the discussion that the nominated album yields and this week has seen a fair bit of discussion on Doll By Doll, lead singer Jackie Leven and tangentially, The Tubes, so many thanks to @journolud for an interesting nomination.

I'd now like to invite @Mancitydoogle to the stage to give us some clues for tomorrow's new album.

That's it for week #13 and a flurry of late entries takes the total number of voters back up to 14, which is not too shabby.

Gypsy Blood by Doll By Doll finishes with an average of 5.79, which puts it in 11th place.
I don't know whether it's the time of year, voting fatigue or the scores are true because it's interesting to note that the five most recent nominations occupy the lowest five positions in the table.

However, as more than one person has pointed out, it's not just the points, it's the discussion that the nominated album yields and this week has seen a fair bit of discussion on Doll By Doll, lead singer Jackie Leven and tangentially, The Tubes, so many thanks to @journolud for an interesting nomination.

I'd now like to invite @Mancitydoogle to the stage to give us some clues for tomorrow's new album.
Ok I’ve decided to go with something a bit more recent but still over 8yrs old
first clue
this artist wrote a main song for a music drama film released in 2018

I'm fine but it's a weird combination of ailments thus far.

Started off feverish and being hot and cold (completely sweat through the bed on consecutive nights) and I am now on more of a cold, tight chest but still fatigued.

Could be a lot worse (although trying to parent at the same time doesn't help much)......... ;-)
Christ, hope it passes quickly mate. It appears half the worl£ is isolating.

Christ, hope it passes quickly mate. It appears half the worl£ is isolating.
Yeah, take it easy @Onholiday(somemightsay) - sit big, chill out and listen to some tunes.

Ok I’ve decided to go with something a bit more recent but still over 8yrs old
first clue
this artist wrote a main song for a music drama film released in 2018
As expected, based on the list of artists you submitted for the top 100 vote, I think I may well know this.
Although I did have to google for music dramas and check the soundtrack song lists! Anyway, I'll keep schtum and see if anybody else gets it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.