The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

I wasn't expecting from album, expecting it to be a nice indie band who are angst ridden or trying to tell me how misunderstood they are. I guess a typical "serious" indie band type of track. I've never heard them before so that was what I was expecting

How wrong I was - I really liked this album. Absolutely there's more than a hint of Led Zeppelin and I'll be honest I thought the singer was a woman who sounded like Grace Slick from Jefferson Airplane! I didn't find the voice annoying, as I like Slicks voice (Plant no as much).

Overall it was a good listen and I'll be exploring them a lot more.

A great pick this and opened up some new musical avenues to try!

8/10.

Just before the end of this round and the start of our 2-week playlist, here are the dates for the next round of nominations.

As ever, if there are any issues with your date, just let me know and we can always change things around.

Note that we have one new nominator joining in - stoneblue (not to be confused with stonerblue).

Round #6

10/05/2023 @GornikDaze
17/05/2023 RobMCFC
24/05/2023 @FogBlueInSanFran
31/05/2023 @BlueHammer85
07/06/2023 @bennyboy
14/06/2023 @OB1
21/06/2023 @Saddleworth2
28/06/2023 @stoneblue
05/07/2023 @KnaresboroughBlue
02/07/2023 @Coatigan
19/07/2023 @journolud
26/07/2023 @denislawsbackheel
02/08/2023 @Mancitydoogle
09/08/2023 @threespires
16/08/2023 @GoatersLeftShin
23/08/2023 @Gaudion M
30/08/2023 @BimboBob

Probably a good time to remind, that we need just 1 more vote till I can randomly select another from the Top 1100, Poor Aerosmith have been waiting in the wings for final result for a long time.

Probably a good time to remind, that we need just 1 more vote till I can randomly select another from the Top 1100, Poor Aerosmith have been waiting in the wings for final result for a long time.

Wow. Didn't realise you were still waiting for one more vote on that one. How many have you had (and are they all contributors on this thread?)

THE BATTLE AT GARDEN’S GATE

Sorry if I.m a bit late with my review , been a busy week.
Hearing the first track I was go to be in complete agreement with Benny boy and the Geddy Lee Rush comparison and I can’t stand Rush.However the more I listenEd to the other tracks the more a grew to like some of the songs where the singer is being a bit more restrained.I get the LZ comparisons but if I wanted to listen to a band influenced by them , I’d choose The Rival Sons.I actually thought GVF sounded more like a band called Pavlog‘s Dog on some tracks.

not as bad as I first thought and another band I’d not heard of.

5/10

Sorry I’m late w

Seems like we left a few people behind this week, but maybe that's to Greta Van Fleet's advantage.

10 votes but most of those who listened seemed to like what they heard, giving The Battle at Garden's Gate an average of 6.9 and a place in our top 10. Hopefully that will give @BimboBob some cheer (and hopefully the result tonight will as well!)

That's the end of round #5 - thanks once again for everybody's contributions. Every week I enjoy reading the introduction and look forward to what the album has to offer. We start up again on 10th May.

In the meantime, @Coatigan will be posting the Spring Break playlist sometime tomorrow.

Seems like we left a few people behind this week, but maybe that's to Greta Van Fleet's advantage.

10 votes but most of those who listened seemed to like what they heard, giving The Battle at Garden's Gate an average of 6.9 and a place in our top 10. Hopefully that will give @BimboBob some cheer (and hopefully the result tonight will as well!)

That's the end of round #5 - thanks once again for everybody's contributions. Every week I enjoy reading the introduction and look forward to what the album has to offer. We start up again on 10th May.

In the meantime, @Coatigan will be posting the Spring Break playlist sometime tomorrow.
Another great effort Rob. Thanks for keeping this going. I know I don’t always get chance to submit a review but it has been a gateway to some new music for me

Another great effort Rob. Thanks for keeping this going. I know I don’t always get chance to submit a review but it has been a gateway to some new music for me
No problem. We all have other stuff going on so it's reasonable to miss a review or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.