The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Unlike the Christmas one there’s no real theme, so we have a very varied playlist.A few names i‘ve never heard of and a few I wish I hadn’t.
Top pick so far Frightened Rabbit who are a band I’ve really grown to like since being introduced to them on here.I was watching the video for this track on you tube and it recommended their cover of The Waterboys ‘Whole of the Moon’
which was superb.

Yes.

More shouty stuff with very little musical merit? Very JD sounding in some songs. Which also mostly left me cold. If I want to be depressed I'll chuck on some country...

You puzzle me 90% of the time.

First pass and Bears Den and Maybeshewill are candidates for surprise package. Might change.

Do I get a thread ban if I admit to preferring the M.I.A to Elton John?

Bears Den are a great wee band. I really liked their debut album. I hadn't paid much attention to their recent work.

They were a bit unlucky to get bracketed in with Mumford and Sons who the world briefly went crazy for, and they went unnoticed. Much more mellow with some nice ballads though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.