The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

I prefer the album format and have quite a few in the pipe line.Several of the current playlist I couldn’t bear listening to, like the first two, Bjork and Elton John.

Personally prefer this format as quite often I'd like to put a band forward that have some good individual tracks but not really great albums.

I'm going to bid farewell to the album review threads anyway for the time being as I just have the time really to do them justice and review fairly. I also don't really have much left that I would want to nominate other, than classical. Most non-classical albums that I love are pretty well known and so not much point in nominating them.

I love the Album nominations but really enjoyed this more

If i had to pick i'd go with this format. would struggle to do both.

also not forgetting Top 1100

... and the Cup! (Get your nominations in)

1...Crispian St Peters.

2....Other Lives.

3....Elton.

4.....Bear's Den.

5......Brian Wilson.

Interestingly the Brian Wilson track was the only one I had heard of before.

Last edited:
I love the Album nominations but really enjoyed this more

If i had to pick i'd go with this format. would struggle to do both.

also not forgetting Top 1100

... and the Cup! (Get your nominations in)

This is fun but I think the scarcity/change of pace is part of that.

I like the album reviews because they take me out of my comfort zone and properly expose me to new stuff. E.g I'm not sure one JJ Cale track would have had the same impact.

I'm in if it's not broke don't fix it territory. Stick with the albums and do this now and again would be my view.

I've just spent the past hour listening to Maybeshewill on spotify. Surprisingly the opening to the track on here is about the heaviest thing there and this was the only one with sampling. It was a good listen so kudos to whoever nominated it. Actaully sits very well with the current playlist from Psychedelic Casual that I'm also enjoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.