The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Here’s my top 5 - although that was a struggle, this wasn’t really my cup of tea!

1 - Iron Maiden
2 - Therapy
3 - Maybeshewill
4 - Bears Den
5 - Dan Reed

As for who nominated who, I think there has been a lot of Clarkying going on, I’m sure Rob really does like Bjork ;) I think I got 2 correct last time, I’d be happy with that again!

Maybeshewill - Benny
Iron Maiden - Coatigan
Crispin St Peters - Knaresborough
Elton John - BlueHammer
Therapy - Saddleworth
Dan Reed Network - Foggy
MIA - Bimbo
Bjork - Rob
The Black Keys - OB1
Ryan Adams - Mancitydoogle
Cat Stevens - Journolud
Other Lives - Me
Brian Wilson - Mancity1
Maria McKee - Threespires
Neville Brothers - GoatersLeftShin
FR & Lau - Denis
I can categorically assure you that I didn’t pick Bjork :)

Although the track selected here is not as bad as her more popular hits.

Interesting how a lot of people are following me in “blaming” BimboBob for MIA, but I must confess that I didn’t consider the strong possibility that that may have been the host bonus track!

Three hours of JJ the other evening with a bottle of Spanish Albariño and then a good Rioja. Mellow as a very mellow thing having a mellow turn.

I do increasingly use the list on page 1 to return to albums that I have enjoyed. Cale is the only one so far I can say has entered the mainstream although I am partial to Frightened Rabbit and Chris Whitley.

I do know what I like as Pete once said but this thread has certainly made me a great deal more open minded through the variety of music proposed.

anyway, thanks again.

I think a JJC playlist would be a good thing for our summer holiday this year. :)

Interesting how a lot of people are following me in “blaming” BimboBob for MIA, but I must confess that I didn’t consider the strong possibility that that may have been the host bonus track!

The Bjork track was ok, I thought. Didn't love it or anything but I usually don't like stuff I hear by her.

Here we go hope to increase the average which I suspect is around 3 by now.

1. Not for Want of Trying - Maybeshewill ----- GoatersLeftShin
2. Prowler - Iron Maiden ----- Host Choice Bonus Song
3. You were on my Mind - Crispian St. Peters ----- Dennislawbackheel
4. Madman Across the Water - Elton John ----- OB1
5. Boys - M.I.A. ----- BimboBob
6. One Day - Bjork ----- Threespires
7. Busted - The Black Keys ----- GornikDaze
8. We Wait - Other Lives ----- Knaresboroughblue
9. Into White - Cat Stevens ----- Mancity1
10. Trigger Inside - Therapy ----- FogBlueInSanFran
11. Surfs Up - Brian Wilson (Smile Version) ----- Journalud
12. Crow - Bears Den ----- RobMCFC
13. Blue Hotel - Ryan Adams and the Cardinals ----- Bluehammer85
14. Absolutely Barking Stars - Maria McKee ----- Saddleworth2
15. Under My Skin - Dan Reed ----- Bennyboy
16. Yellow Moon - The Neville Brothers ----- Mancitydoogle
17. Norland Wind - Frightened Rabbit ----- Coatigan

I didn't either and before I saw your list had BB down for that track for the same reasons as you chose likewise and had your pick for the bonus track.

I had you down for three likely songs as soon as I saw the list and I probably picked the wrong one but working on your complete lack of vanity you have shown when I saw your top five my decision was made.

I didn't either and before I saw your list had BB down for that track for the same reasons as you chose likewise and had your pick for the bonus track.

I had you down for three likely songs as soon as I saw the list and I probably picked the wrong one but working on your complete lack of vanity you have shown when I saw your top five my decision was made.
Utter guessing bastards!

Well, we’ve either all nailed this one, or you’ve retained your Champion Clarkie trophy :)

@Coatigan - In fact, “Utter guessing bastard” should be the title bestowed on the person with the worst set of guesses (unless it’s me!)

Noted, officially minuted.

(Na you are still in the lead)

Wait so now I'm getting blamed for it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.