The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Here are the results of the Amble jury.

Maybeshewill ----- GornikDaze
Iron Maiden ----- threespires
Crispian St. Peters ----- Mancitydoogle
Elton John ----- Knaresboroughblue
M.I.A. -----BimboBob
Bjork ----- GoatersLeftShin
The Black Keys -----Saddleworth2
Other Lives ----- FogBlueInSanFran
Cat Stevens ----- dennislawsbackheel
Therapy -----journolud
Brian Wilson (Smile Version) ----- RobMCFC
Bears Den -----BlueHammer85
Ryan Adams and the Cardinals ----- bennyboy
Dan Reed ----- OB1
The Neville Brothers ----- mancity1
Frightened Rabbit ----- Coatigan

I'm taking it as people are taking it So seriously, that they are waiting till the last minute to reveal their hand.
In my case I am but I am changing my mind on at least 10 nominees even based on the detail contained in the thread to date assuming no clarkies.

I will of course meet the generous deadline given but I assume you can take until midnight today GMT before submitting a list.

Here are the results of the Amble jury.

Maybeshewill ----- GornikDaze
Iron Maiden ----- threespires
Crispian St. Peters ----- Mancitydoogle
Elton John ----- Knaresboroughblue
M.I.A. -----BimboBob
Bjork ----- GoatersLeftShin
The Black Keys -----Saddleworth2
Other Lives ----- FogBlueInSanFran
Cat Stevens ----- dennislawsbackheel
Therapy -----journolud
Brian Wilson (Smile Version) ----- RobMCFC
Bears Den -----BlueHammer85
Ryan Adams and the Cardinals ----- bennyboy
Dan Reed ----- OB1
The Neville Brothers ----- mancity1
Frightened Rabbit ----- Coatigan

That's busted a couple that were hiding.

Still a few remain.

@FogBlueInSanFran was the convoncing winner last time round, so on him to bust the rest.

I have a confession to make. After @OB1 chose a Kiss album on this thread I was a little sniffy and snobby about his choices. I regret that and am happy to state that I was wrong because the same poster has really switched me on to JJ Cale following his choice of Naturally which is rightly No 1 in our charts.

I am chilling on holiday with a massive compilation of Mr Cale and it is an absolute bloody joy. So here is to you @OB1 and thank you mate.

Mate, I have no problem with people being sniffy about me liking Kiss (or anything else): like you, I'm very confident in my own musical taste and appreciation.

I am delighted that you are enjoying JJ Cale.

Thank you

Daft question… do you include your own choice in the overall list? I’m having a senior moment!

Pretty much everyone has. You can swap it for another's, and I'll swap it back when tallying up. Or you can be clarkie-bold and leave it. Nobody will know, apart from me. In theory.

So I'm very busy at the moment and only finished my first run through of the list yesterday and have just managed a 2nd play through.

No time to play the guessing game.

Top 5

1. Madman Across the Water - Elton John
2. Under My Skin - Dan Reed
3. Busted - The Black Keys
4. Trigger Inside - Therapy
5. Crow - Bears Den

The last one was the surprise find for me.

Surf's Up would probably have made it if it was the Beach Boys version.

Here’s my top 5 - although that was a struggle, this wasn’t really my cup of tea!

1 - Iron Maiden
2 - Therapy
3 - Maybeshewill
4 - Bears Den
5 - Dan Reed

As for who nominated who, I think there has been a lot of Clarkying going on, I’m sure Rob really does like Bjork ;) I think I got 2 correct last time, I’d be happy with that again!

Maybeshewill - Benny
Iron Maiden - Coatigan
Crispin St Peters - Knaresborough
Elton John - BlueHammer
Therapy - Saddleworth
Dan Reed Network - Foggy
MIA - Bimbo
Bjork - Rob
The Black Keys - OB1
Ryan Adams - Mancitydoogle
Cat Stevens - Journolud
Other Lives - Me
Brian Wilson - Mancity1
Maria McKee - Threespires
Neville Brothers - GoatersLeftShin
FR & Lau - Denis

Mate, I have no problem with people being sniffy about me liking Kiss (or anything else): like you, I'm very confident in my own musical taste and appreciation.

I am delighted that you are enjoying JJ Cale.

Thank you
Three hours of JJ the other evening with a bottle of Spanish Albariño and then a good Rioja. Mellow as a very mellow thing having a mellow turn.

I do increasingly use the list on page 1 to return to albums that I have enjoyed. Cale is the only one so far I can say has entered the mainstream although I am partial to Frightened Rabbit and Chris Whitley.

I do know what I like as Pete once said but this thread has certainly made me a great deal more open minded through the variety of music proposed.

anyway, thanks again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.