The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

In the meantime, a couple of quick clarifications.

It is clear I ended up with 2 songs on the list, with a 'host choice bonus' inclusion. I had already picked a song to contribute, but decided to add another, for a few reasons.
- we ended up with 16 songs, and I thought it would be good to match the last round of 17, for comparison.
- I thought an odd number worked better than an even number with scoring/guessing (although I am now not sure this is true)
- Wanted to see if people would ho for the obvious or consider it a trap (only one did), while still putting in the song I actually wanted to include.
- it is a good song.

I however was not pedantic on guessing of which song is by 'me' and which is the 'bonus', if you attributed either to me, you got a point, if you attributed both irrespective of order, you got 2.

As noted, also gave half points to the 2 people guessing the MIA track, which became the intrigue of the thread.

Ok I am ready for the reveals. Just giving @FogBlueInSanFran another hour or so, as his usual involvement and contribution Imo earns it.

(It could actually he a very elaborate clarkie as well just fyi, which I had avoided suggesting so far, but I think now is beyond time of exposing).

We've had 5 or 6 very good clarkies.

We have a hands down clear winner of a song.

All songs bar 2 got at least one point.

Everyone bar 2 users were found.

Everyone that took part in guessing, guessed at least one right.
Kind of you! But I woke up hungover in NYC after a long night out so I think it’s best if you go ahead mate.

Poor Bimbo maligned by so many!!!! (Evil laughter)

In the meantime, a couple of quick clarifications.

It is clear I ended up with 2 songs on the list, with a 'host choice bonus' inclusion. I had already picked a song to contribute, but decided to add another, for a few reasons.
- we ended up with 16 songs, and I thought it would be good to match the last round of 17, for comparison.
- I thought an odd number worked better than an even number with scoring/guessing (although I am now not sure this is true)
- Wanted to see if people would ho for the obvious or consider it a trap (only one did), while still putting in the song I actually wanted to include.
- it is a good song.

I however was not pedantic on guessing of which song is by 'me' and which is the 'bonus', if you attributed either to me, you got a point, if you attributed both irrespective of order, you got 2.

As noted, also gave half points to the 2 people guessing the MIA track, which became the intrigue of the thread.
Funny man...

My own top 5,

Therapy
Other Lives
the Elton John track
Bears Den
The Neville Brothers track

My find of the thread was Therapy, which just edged Other Lives, both now getting further exploration.

No outright winner for the surprise find category, shared amongst Other Lives, Therapy, Maybeshewill and Bears Den

I think last time pretty much everybody guessed mine correctly. This time only one has done (I think). Thought it would be more as I have mentioned it elsewhere on one of the music threads.

Guessing Champions:

1. RobMCFC - 7
2. mancity1 - 6
3. Mancitydoogle - 5
4. Threespires - 4
Saddleworth2 - 4
5. BlueHammer85 - 3.5
6. BimboBob - 2
KnaresboroughBlue- 2
7. Journolud - 1.5
8. GornikDaze - 1 (wooden spoon)

Hide and Seek Champions :
(based on xF, the musical xG i.e number of times found)

1. BimboBob - 0 (wins via a Clarkie)
Coatigan - 0
2. KnaresboroughBlue - 1
GoatersLeftShin - 1
Journolud - 1
Saddleworth2 - 1
BlueHammer85 - 1
Threespires - 1
3. FogBlueInSanFran - 2
mancity1 - 2
RobMCFC - 2
4. OB1 - 3
GornikDaze - 3
bennyboy - 3
Mancitydoogle - 3
5. dennislawbackheel - 4
6. Coatigan - 7 (wooden spoon)

Top Clarkies
1. Bimbo, 'had to google them' and arguing with me that his nomination was 'shouty nonsense'. Even fooled me, I had to check back through my PMs to make sure I hadnt made a mistake.
2. OB1 putting his own song top of the top 5.
3. dennislawbackheel, bracketing his song with cat stevens
4. mancity1 - leaving his selection unswapped in his guesses list
5. FogBlueInSanFran - going M.I.A, after nominating MIA

Top Songs: (points via top 5 lists)

1. Other Lives - 38 - (journolud)
2. Bears Den - 30 - (BlueHammer85)
3. Maybeshewill - 20 - (Coatigan)
Frightened Rabbit - 20 (Coatigan bonus)
4. Therapy - 17 - (BimboBob)
5. Elton John - 16 - (OB1)
6. The Black Keys - 12 - (GornikDaze)
7. Crispian St.Peters - 11 (dennislawbackheel)
Cat Stevens - 11 - (mancity1)
8. Neville Brothers - 10 - (Mancitydoogle)
9. Dan Reed Network - 6 - (RobMCFC)
Iron Maiden - 6 - (KnaresboroughBlue)
10. Ryan Adams - 5 - (bennyboy)
11. Maria McKee - 4 - (threespires)
12. Brian Wilson - 1 - (Saddleworth2)
13. Bjork - 0 - (GoatersLeftShin)
MIA - 0 'relegated' (FogBlueInSanFran)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.