The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Top Songs: (points via top 5 lists)

1. Other Lives - 38 - (journolud)
2. Bears Den - 30 - (BlueHammer85)
3. Maybeshewill - 20 - (Coatigan)
Frightened Rabbit - 20 (Coatigan bonus)
4. Therapy - 17 - (BimboBob)
5. Elton John - 16 - (OB1)
6. The Black Keys - 12 - (GornikDaze)
7. Crispian St.Peters - 11 (dennislawbackheel)
Cat Stevens - 11 - (mancity1)
8. Neville Brothers - 10 - (Mancitydoogle)
9. Dan Reed Network - 6 - (RobMCFC)
Iron Maiden - 6 - (KnaresboroughBlue)
10. Ryan Adams - 5 - (bennyboy)
11. Maria McKee - 4 - (threespires)
12. Brian Wilson - 1 - (Saddleworth2)
13. Bjork - 0 - (GoatersLeftShin)
MIA - 0 'relegated' (FogBlueInSanFran)
Well, what can I say?

We await Foggy's detailed description of how a direct line can be drawn from The Gears and other 70's west coast punk to a West London rapper of Tamil origin.

Edit: well done on your choice of song too, really enjoyed it.

Cheers - love that one.

Foggy is great with Music - but can tell he doesn’t care much for Indie ‘boring’ stuff and likes upbeat (humour) style. Had to be him.

Quite a few had GornikDaze down for Maybeshewill, and quite a few had BimboBob down for MIA.

I thought my choosing a band that have an album out soon, much like my last album pick, might have given me away...

Still...I bought 2 albums based on these song choices, Other Lives and The Black Keys, so job done!

Oh...I love Therapy? Especially the album this shouty nonsense comes from. I think I told Mr M.I.A this a while ago.

Great thread.

I thought my choosing a band that have an album out soon, much like my last album pick, might have given me away...

Still...I bought 2 albums based on these song choices, Other Lives and The Black Keys, so job done!

Oh...I love Therapy? Especially the album this shouty nonsense comes from. I think I told Mr M.I.A this a while ago.

Great thread.
Tamer Animals is Other Lives best album IMO but We Wait is my favourite track of theirs.

We await Foggy's detailed description of how a direct line can be drawn from The Gears and other 70's west coast punk to a West London rapper of Tamil origin.

Edit: well done on your choice of song too, really enjoyed it.
I think Kala is one of the great records of the 21st century. I know she’s gone a bit loco but her back story is fascinating and her cultural critiques are too. Plus I unlike most hip hop which is so dull and guttural IMO she uses all sorts of found sounds and East Asian instrumentation to jazz up her stuff. I also think she’s hot. Boyz is the most kinetic song on Kala but I found her through her hit song Paper Planes (the combination of the handgun cocking with the cash register ringing is one of the greatest iconic sounds in pop music history).

I think Kala is one of the great records of the 21st century. I know she’s gone a bit loco but her back story is fascinating and her cultural critiques are too. Plus I unlike most hip hop which is so dull and guttural IMO she uses all sorts of found sounds and East Asian instrumentation to jazz up her stuff. I also think she’s hot. Boyz is the most kinetic song on Kala but I found her through her hit song Paper Planes (the combination of the handgun cocking with the cash register ringing is one of the greatest iconic sounds in pop music history).
Bit late for a Clarke...

Greatest iconic sound.

Haha...

Think you can put the fishing rod away now, you've caught enough, haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.