The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

I thought my choosing a band that have an album out soon, much like my last album pick, might have given me away...

Still...I bought 2 albums based on these song choices, Other Lives and The Black Keys, so job done!

Oh...I love Therapy? Especially the album this shouty nonsense comes from. I think I told Mr M.I.A this a while ago.

Great thread.
Glad you enjoyed the Black Keys thread. If you enjoy the album, their early stuff up to (and including) Magic Potion is worth exploring imho. The ‘newer stuff’ I still really like but it’s different - I sound a proper old git lol

I would be interested if people were honest…. as if they wouldn’t be!!!…. how many contributors used the search facility? Just asking - I clearly didn’t and I’m clearly not good at remembering stuff I read!

Top Songs: (points via top 5 lists)

1. Other Lives - 38 - (journolud)
2. Bears Den - 30 - (BlueHammer85)
3. Maybeshewill - 20 - (Coatigan)
Frightened Rabbit - 20 (Coatigan bonus)
4. Therapy - 17 - (BimboBob)
5. Elton John - 16 - (OB1)
6. The Black Keys - 12 - (GornikDaze)
7. Crispian St.Peters - 11 (dennislawbackheel)
Cat Stevens - 11 - (mancity1)
8. Neville Brothers - 10 - (Mancitydoogle)
9. Dan Reed Network - 6 - (RobMCFC)
Iron Maiden - 6 - (KnaresboroughBlue)
10. Ryan Adams - 5 - (bennyboy)
11. Maria McKee - 4 - (threespires)
12. Brian Wilson - 1 - (Saddleworth2)
13. Bjork - 0 - (GoatersLeftShin)
MIA - 0 'relegated' (FogBlueInSanFran)

Maria Mckee track deserved a higher score

I would be interested if people were honest…. as if they wouldn’t be!!!…. how many contributors used the search facility? Just asking - I clearly didn’t and I’m clearly not good at remembering stuff I read!

I didn't need to, this round. But I didn't the last time either. More lazyness than anything.

Saddleworth's choice was a gimme if you searched for it.

Similarly, I saw a post with Saddleworth and OB1 discussing albums from 1971, including the Elton John song.

Mancity1 professed a love for Cat Stevens at some point, and Goatersleftshin a love for Bjork.

I knew The Black Keys were one of Gornik's favourite bands thanks to his entry into the bands and artists poll Christmas 2021.

Similarly, I saw a post with Saddleworth and OB1 discussing albums from 1971, including the Elton John song.

Mancity1 professed a love for Cat Stevens at some point, and Goatersleftshin a love for Bjork.

I knew The Black Keys were one of Gornik's favourite bands thanks to his entry into the bands and artists poll Christmas 2021.
I did mention my love for Iron Maiden's first album somewhere. Don't like the rest of their stuff after Paul Di'Anno left though.

I need to keep my cards closer to my chest! My next selection will be a favourite that I’ve not mentioned to anyone ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.