The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

I would be interested if people were honest…. as if they wouldn’t be!!!…. how many contributors used the search facility? Just asking - I clearly didn’t and I’m clearly not good at remembering stuff I read!

I couldn't be bothered cause I tried that last time and I think I got zero!

Though you were crap at guessing unhelpfully your one correct guess meant I missed out a clean sheet!
So I feel slightly less bad about not putting The Black Keys in my top 5. I threw your pick and the Neville Brothers under the bus to make it less obvious I wasn't putting my own song in the top 5 (which it looks like it was fair game to do anyway). Either way I really like the sound The Black Keys make especially when they go a bit Junior Kimbrough.

I'm going to get slaughtered for this but the album Foggy's talking about is rhythmically pretty interesting and within it's genre has a lot going for it.

Yeah in fairness, I Was joking. I don't know the album. But I do know that when Fog talks about music he means what he says. Not one I'll rush to, but who knows, maybe one day.

I would be interested if people were honest…. as if they wouldn’t be!!!…. how many contributors used the search facility? Just asking - I clearly didn’t and I’m clearly not good at remembering stuff I read!
I certainly didn't and even if I did it wouldn't assist me increasing my tally in fact it would probably reduce it.

I think if you were able to narrow each person's selection down to around 3 and from that you got around 50 per cent you were doing ok.

Saddleworth's choice was a gimme if you searched for it.

Similarly, I saw a post with Saddleworth and OB1 discussing albums from 1971, including the Elton John song.

Mancity1 professed a love for Cat Stevens at some point, and Goatersleftshin a love for Bjork.

I knew The Black Keys were one of Gornik's favourite bands thanks to his entry into the bands and artists poll Christmas 2021.
I figured once you did the "swap" that Under My Skin was your selection although doing a clarkie on the "swao" is a good tactic if you cannot pm the selections but I had you pinned for another song just ahead of your selection so pride always wins for me albeit it cost me a virtual tie with you.

I can take some comfort in the fact that BH85 and your self often rate a wide variety of genres similarly.

Well done to Coatigan well run and excellent dedication to the task , perhaps if more put forward their selections it would have been a better sample to compare with Rob's Christmas list but good fun nevertheless.

All I will say is I found these songs more appealing overall than last time so augers well for next time if the trend continues.

And I will conclude by saying is that next time no searching will assist anyone in picking my selection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.