The Album Review Club - Week #143 - (page 1884) - I Should Coco - Supergrass

In southern drawl accents?

While we wait for final reviews on changeover day, I had my first album of 2024. Marika Hackman's album Big Sigh. Quite decent, right for a January. Anyone else had their first new album of the year so far?
Looking forward to the Black Crowes album this year.Their first since 2009.
Hopefully it is decent.
First single release Wanting and Waiting.

Few tracks do sway dangerously close to Lionel Richie/Kenny Rogers territory which isn't actual criticism and thankfully a few tracks swing nicely to Springsteen territory especially 'Fire Inside' which is a good one.

'Turn The Page' is a nice live number and lyrically strong aswell as 'Who Needs Tonight' (I never knew he wrote this one)
Kenny Rogers & Sheena Easton covered "We've Got Tonight" to tie your points together above.

Now for a much needed spin of 'Come To Daddy'.
or "Come to Poppa" off of Night Moves? :-)

Last edited:
Apologies for the lateness of the vote...work and weather combined to put this a little down my "to do list"
As was said by others, the nature of a GH album does tend to stick many of the same style of successful tracks together and I did think there was much of a muchness to them. I do appreciate ther beign some sort of irony there considering my ambient offering last week.
It was enjoyable and nowhere near as abhorrent as Foggy was suggesting.
I would though also go along with the line of a minus point for it being a GH...so as pleasant as it was i shall say its a 5 from the Derry jury.
And as for those giving it an extra point for the joy of a last minute winner...from my POV should i give it another minus point for the angst of a last minute winner?

Bob Seger generated a lot of discussion and pulled in 15 votes for his Greatest Hits. However, it was only enough for a middle-of-the-road 5.73 average, which some might say is fitting. However, there were some that enjoyed it, so well done to @denislawsbackheel for expanding the range of styles covered in our 105 weeks.

I'm hoping that @southamptonblue is ready with this week's nomination, but as he hasn't cast a vote this week, everybody better stand by for a last-minute substitution.

Apologies for the lateness of the vote...work and weather combined to put this a little down my "to do list"
As was said by others, the nature of a GH album does tend to stick many of the same style of successful tracks together and I did think there was much of a muchness to them. I do appreciate ther beign some sort of irony there considering my ambient offering last week.
It was enjoyable and nowhere near as abhorrent as Foggy was suggesting.
I would though also go along with the line of a minus point for it being a GH...so as pleasant as it was i shall say its a 5 from the Derry jury.
And as for those giving it an extra point for the joy of a last minute winner...from my POV should i give it another minus point for the angst of a last minute winner?
Foggy never said it was abhorrent. Foggy said others might cotton to it (given how well it’s sold, plenty do) but that for whatever aural chemistry reasons, Foggy dislikes it.

I'm hoping that @southamptonblue is ready with this week's nomination, but as he hasn't cast a vote this week, everybody better stand by for a last-minute substitution.
Me too. I'm out of pocket for the next couple hours, so if I am needed to move up, it won't be until about 5pm BST... that will give you some time in case.

Me too. I'm out of pocket for the next couple hours, so if I am needed to move up, it won't be until about 5pm BST... that will give you some time in case.
That's no problem. I wouldn't call on a substitute for a few hours because it's only fair to give people a chance if they are busy. As you are five hours behind GMT, I think we can afford to wait, but it's good to know you can step in later today if needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.