The Album Review Club - Week #144 - (page 1893) - XO - Elliot Smith

A good turnout this week - 12 voters giving The Yawpers an average of 7.08 for American Man. That's exactly the same score as The Eels and the 14th Album to break the 7-point barrier.

Next up is @FogBlueInSanFran who said he was going to nominate a rootsy effort, but has now changed tack. The stage is yours, sir.

A good turnout this week - 12 voters giving The Yawpers an average of 7.08 for American Man. That's exactly the same score as The Eels and the 14th Album to break the 7-point barrier.

Next up is @FogBlueInSanFran who said he was going to nominate a rootsy effort, but has now changed tack. The stage is yours, sir.

Maybe we could have agreed to choose the whole round to have nominations that include rootsy efforts. As a theme for a round.

Thanks Rob!

As noted, @RobMCFC offered up a record that was reasonably similar in style to what I was going to do, so I'm ready with a very, very different one.

As always (thus far) I'm selecting a record not on the @BlueHammer85 top 1,100 in the hope that his thread will someday be revived :).

I've picked a 70s record from an American band, and a (very easy) riddle:

What do Hammersmith and a cow's private parts have in common?

Thanks Rob!

As noted, @RobMCFC offered up a record that was reasonably similar in style to what I was going to do, so I'm ready with a very different one.

As always (thus far) I'm selecting a record not on the @BlueHammer85 top 1,100 in the hope that his thread will someday be revived :).

I've picked a 70s record from an American band, and a (very easy) riddle:

What do Hammersmith and a cow's private parts have in common?
The only two word that come to mind when your mention Hammersmith are "Odeon" and "Bridge"!

Cow's private parts: Udder?

I'm no wiser so far.

The only two word that come to mind when your mention Hammersmith are "Odeon" and "Bridge"!

Cow's private parts: Udder?

I'm no wiser so far.
Further clue: I could have used anyone of several places in that part of your country and the riddle still works. In fact, I'd suggest most Utd fans would get it instantly. I could have used most mammals too . . .

Further (musical) clues:

1. This was the band's first record. They're still around, but haven't really been heard from since the early 80s.

2. Members of the band have played with a huge variety of other artists, from the Grateful Dead to XTC to Billy Joel to Brian Eno.

3. One song on this record was covered by one of THE worst hair metal bands on earth (think umlauts).

4. The riddle answer is both the band and the record title.

Further clue: I could have used anyone of several places in that part of your country and the riddle still works. In fact, I'd suggest most Utd fans would get it instantly. I could have used most mammals too . . .

Hammersmith, Cow private parts, man utd fans all have...

Great Expectations.

I see. Maybe they are both places you wouldn't want to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.