The Algarve

Thaksins Love Child

Anyone been?

Considering it for a 10 day break in July but never been before. Probably all inclusive.

After nice beaches and restaurants with bars/clubs if we want it but nowhere too mental.

Alternative recommendations welcomed.

Great place,be there again 3rd year on trot end of June

Seriously you cant go wrong there,caters for all needs,and boiling that time of year

meeesh said:

Seriously you cant go wrong there,caters for all needs,and boiling that time of year
Cheers meeesh. Is Albufeira the place to go? From the little research I've done so far it seems so.

Just got back on saturday its a mint drive up to lisbon on the toll road!

Go there loads stayed in Dunas Doradus lovely place quiet in march but lively in July!

Thaksins Love Child said:
meeesh said:

Cheers meeesh. Is Albufeira the place to go? From the little research I've done so far it seems so.

Went to Albuferira last year for a short 5 day break and enjoyed it there is 2 parts to it 1/ the strip which is full of bars and clubs and 2/ the old town which is full of restaurants and bars

We spent most of our time in the old town at nights as this is more our cup of tea

We were also all inclusive and although we both enjoyed it i wouldnt like to stay for much more than the five days we stayed as i think it would get a little repetative after that but that is just our opinion

Many years ago we stayed in Praia Da Rocha, Estrela de Vau apartments, that was pretty nice, 4 star and got it as a late deal quite cheap as sister-in-law worked for a travel agents.

Back then there were few hotels around and it was pretty quiet but you could see it was about to be developed quite a bit, had a great time though, visited Lagos (very nice place) and also (and this may seem a bit weener style behaviour) we went for a trip just riding on the old train (anyone familiar will know what I'm talking about) cheap as f*ck back then and you really do meet some great characters.

Went to Albufeira, wasn't too keen, too busy for me, but a great sight is looking outside the window upon landing at Faro airport, they had a type of bird sanctuary nearby then (probably still do) just great to watch.

I remember Praia Da Rocha,i think it had a big market if i remember,stayed in albuf****(cant spell it)but it is a lovely place,if u like it quiet!!it was 15 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.