The Algarve

Thaksins Love Child said:
meeesh said:
Great place,be there again 3rd year on trot end of June

Seriously you cant go wrong there,caters for all needs,and boiling that time of year
Cheers meeesh. Is Albufeira the place to go? From the little research I've done so far it seems so.

Yea mate,as seaside blue says,its in 2 parts really Albufeira,the boom boom shake the room,and then the restaurants and quieter bars in the other.

Again Old Town is more our cup of tea these days,really chilled,good grub and beer,and beaches,but as mentioned as well....the sea is bloody cold !!

I reckon once you been you will come back and say,I am going back there

Went to The Algarve for the first time last July. Went to a small town called Alvor and really enjoyed it. Quite quiet with enough bars and restaurants in the town, along the sea front and would recommend it to anyone. Stayed in a appartment called Brisamar, 10 minute walk back in to town and was really nice.

Changed the hotel lobby computer wallpaper to Yaya scoring in the semi, which stayed on all week!

Thaksins Love Child said:
Cheers for all the info, now to try and find a bargain deal.......

Not sure if you're taking kids or not, but the general make up is:-

Eastern Algarve - (near Spannish border) - Quietest area by far and the cheapest, Tavira is a lovely town and worth a visit

Central Algarve - most expensive...Quinta Do Lago/Vale Do Lobo, this is the perceived high society end of the Algarve where you can normally spot some famous faces out and about.
Vilamoura, good mix of great golf courses and lively marina with lots of pubs and restaurants...
Albufeira, if you like wall to wall bars and people in chunky gold chains and union jack shorts you'll love the strip in this area...beautiful beaches
Carvoeiro - Best beaches in the Algarve, good mixture of beach and restaurants

Western Algarve - Lagos, probably the best authentic town with pubs and great beaches nearby, Praia Da Luz, similar to Lagos

Mike N said:
Went to The Algarve for the first time last July. Went to a small town called Alvor and really enjoyed it. Quite quiet with enough bars and restaurants in the town, along the sea front and would recommend it to anyone. Stayed in a appartment called Brisamar, 10 minute walk back in to town and was really nice.

Changed the hotel lobby computer wallpaper to Yaya scoring in the semi, which stayed on all week!

Nice work with the computer. I always change home pages to City at mate's houses as well as recording Good Morning Pakistan and hours of shopping channels on their hard drive on series link! And setting their alarm clock for four in the morning if I get the chance!

I've been to Alvor about 4 times, love the place. Nice beach bars, great strip of bars and restaurants in the main village street [OS Marafados was a favourite] and best of all no idiots. You'll find a few in Albufera that's for sure. Lagos was very nice to visit and if you get a chance get to Monchique and have a look round, lovely hill top villages and a chocolate shop from heaven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.