The Algarve

ayia napa blues said:
What's weather like early April anyone

Can be cold... take a warm pully for the evenings and don't go in the sea.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:36 pm --<br /><br />
Thaksins Love Child said:
Cheers for all the info, now to try and find a bargain deal.......

Don't go all-inclusive, the locals need your custom. The people are nice, get out and about to met them. It's a relatively poor country, don't line the pockets of the hotel chain / tour operators unless you really have to.

Have a great time!

I lived in Salema, a small seaside village in the western algarve for a whole summer. It was really quiet and chilled out. Met lots of football related people there as it's so chilled. Ray stubbs was an absolute gent.

I'd recommend Lagos. It's lively enough that you won't be board but also still plenty of authentic Portuguese restaurants on the outskirts. I'd hire a car, should be able to get one for a similar price to a return taxi trip from the airport. Make a point of driving out into the local small villages for some proper piri piri chicken. A little cafe in Vila do Bispo serves the best piri piri chicken and beef ribs I've ever eaten

Missus is about to book Albufeira for next year. Same hotel we’ve been twice before. I’m looking at Portimao/Lagos etc as last minute alternative. Anyone been and can recommend decent modern apartments for us plus one kid?

Been but can’t recomend anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.