The anti road cycling thread

The whole Anti cycling thing is just weird. Fat bastards/old farts not fit enough to get about on a bike having a go.

It’s good for the environment good for peoples physical and mental health. Best mode of transport if weather permits.
~4,000 miles a year for me .. great for my mental health and I lost around 3 stone overall… So hate away

I’ve got more of an issue with people who don’t pick up after their dogs to be fair and the push by most cafes and restaurants to allow the fuckers into their premises (the dogs not the owners) but that’s a whole thread in itself

I can do 20mph quite easily and i'm not what you'd call a 'road cyclist'. i've just been doing it a long time so my legs are strong.

I've had cars trying to overtake on a 20mph road when i'm doing 20. Drivers just see a bike and think "in my way" and all concept of following road rules go out the window. Thing is, if drivers know most cyclists won't reach those speeds, when confronted with one on the road why do they still disregard the riders safety and overtake too closely and dangerously?

It's the "in my way" attitude again.
pics;)

I'm a driver and a cyclist and when I'm driving i take notice of cyclists I'm approaching, and when I'm cycling on the road i keep in a straight line and often look over my shoulder at approaching cars.

I passed my cycling proficiency test aged 10 and when 11 i was allowed to go to my grans house 5 miles away in Oldham. Roads were a lot quieter in the mid 70s though, i wouldn't have been happy if my kids at same age as i was rode 5 miles on busy roads nowadays though.

The thing that winds me up and gives cyclists a bad name is hogging the road, not having bike lights and wearing dark clothing, especially at night. If you ride safe wear hi-viz and have lights on you're more likely to not be involved in an accident, but idiot drivers not paying attention could see to that, and they do.

c7e28ff0-5776-47b8-b241-0a23c657f37f_text.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.