The appreciate you dad thread.

fbloke

Having just lost my own dad to cancer I really do know now how much we should appreciate them whilst they are with us.

I hear and read how Zab and Roberto are spending time flying to an fro to be with their poorly dads as well.

It seems to me that too many of us dont know how important dads are to us.

So lets all take a minute and think about what our dads mean to us.

Sorry to hear about your Dad mate. Mine was tragically taken from us nearly eleven years ago and there's not a day goes by that I don't feel sad about it.

Great thread btw. Completely in awe of Fab Zab especially.

I'm Mrs Bisp on Twitter btw I always keep one eye on your tweets. Take care mate.

Sorry for your loss fbloke.

Gotta give my old man credit, if it wern't for him I don't know where my heart would lay as regards to football. He took me training when I was 6 and although I enjoyed playing I never really payed much attention to supporting clubs and such. That was until the day he took me to Maine Road when I was 10 and I fell in love with City and the goalscorer that day, the mighty Goater! Now footy is my life haha! Nice one Dad!

I lost my Dad 15 years ago, We lost him to illnes whilst I was in the Falkland.
He Was Great Bloke apart from the team he supported. Plenty of banter went between us both.

I always think of him

Its the anniversary of my Dads death, couple of Days after the final.

A big a blue as you could meet and the reason me and my daugther are blues.

Can never thank him enough for everything he did for me and for making sure I stayed on the blue road.

Always used to say he would back me no matter I did right or wrong but if came home a red he would disown me and never talk to me again!!!

Sorry about your Dad Fbloke

Giles said:
I hate my dad. He's a miserable, child-beating cnut.

s'funny....so is mine...but the reason im a City fan. Thankfully my Mum and Dad split up and it was my stepdad that brought me over here. And he who raised me...unfortunately he too died from cancer when i was 19....i miss him everyday. Unlike my "real" Dad.

Who says blood is thicker than water?

My old fella took me to the '81 final, now in his 70's, i'm just glad he has lived so i can return the favour and take him to this one.

lost my Dad when i was 15 - some 25 yrs ago, he didn't really give a toss about football until i was about 12/13 when he became good mates with the legends (to me anyway)that are Bobby McDonald and Asa Hartford. By God he came to every home game then, off to the players lounge I went after every home game, met the boys and hung out with them on many occasions, round at Asa's, showing me his Scottish caps and with Bobby many times , as my tag says rat arsed (not me) scrumming down in our front garden in Hale, slipped, smashed his head, did it bother him?? Did it fuk, hard as a hardest player you will ever meet and top gent at that - "which shirt do you want son"? Bobby asked, a signed home shirt from all the players or my cup final one - "I'll have your final shirt please Bobby" - proudly up on my living room wall as we speak with a photo of him in the corner that he signed on my bedroom bloody wall when i was pretending to be asleep - oh the days...soz got all nostalgic then cheers FB!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.