The appreciate you dad thread.

Don't normally do these type of threads but today is my dads birthday and he died 3 years ago last week. A big red and had great banter with him. He was able to get tickets for all the cup finals and although i have three siblings just my dad and me went every year to the FA Cup Final. So you can imagine where my thoughts are right now.

RIP DAD

Dads can be annoying and argumentative (and sadly for some more than that) but in the main they turn out to have value beyond measure.

And in 99% of cases we are more like them than we care to admit to.

Sorry about your Dad Fbloke

My dad is 70 and was acting like a 20 year old on Saturday doing the poznan. I've got him to thank for being a city fan and to be honest through the good and bad I wouldn't change a thing

Timperleyblue said:
Sorry about your Dad Fbloke

My dad is 70 and was acting like a 20 year old on Saturday doing the poznan. I've got him to thank for being a city fan and to be honest through the good and bad I wouldn't change a thing

There is nowt better than some of that father son bonding mate.

Lost mine a month after play off final 99 got to thank him for me being a blue mum was a red (we never got on) still think about him a lot so understand your loss.

Sorry to hear about your loss Fbloke, hope you are bearing up OK.

My Dad is my hero, the bravest man I know.

Has spent over 3 years battling two forms of cancer, has undergone 2 bone marrow transplants, is halfway through his second course of chemo and gearing up for another transplant if the chemo works. He has never once complained about feeling like shit during any of his treatments, he has just stoically taken everything thrown at him and tried to get on with his life as best he can. Like I said, bravest man I know.

SboroBlu said:
I lost my Dad 15 years ago, We lost him to illnes whilst I was in the Falkland.
He Was Great Bloke apart from the team he supported. Plenty of banter went between us both.

I always think of him

I had this relationship with my Dad too who I lost three years back.

Greatly missed.

Lost my dad last year to cancer to.

He's the reason I am a blue.

And forever thankfull to him for making me stay at Wembley in 1999 when we went 2-0 down and I wanted to leave.

I'm sure he's looking down now having a good old laugh, I know he was on Saturday.

Just lost mine 6 weeks ago. Went into the MRI for a routine operation which was successful. On the day after his op, while recovering in hospital, he took a bad turn, fell and banged his head causing a brain haemorrhage.
We had to make the decision whether to switch off the apparatus that was keeping him breathing.
Without doubt the saddest day of my life, but at least we parted on good terms, and he suffered no pain.

I'm just sorry I didn't get to make him a grandfather.

lost my dad 5 years ago to a stroke. greatest guy i've ever known, and proud every day to be his son. taught me honesty is a very good thing to have on your side. you never lie, you never get caught out. only regret is, would've been brilliant if he could have met his first granddaughter, but i see him in her, so he ain't totally gone away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.