The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. It's just that last season, which was acknowledged to be pretty poor, we had the 3rd most shots, the least shots against (by a significant margin, as well), 3rd most shots on target and the second least shots on target against us. Spurs were top in the three categories we weren't and it didn't do them much good.
And, of course, we did score the most goals. Football makes no sense a lot of the time...
True. :-) once we play direct fast attacking football I'll be happy.

don't think anyone is being greedy wanting the right signings though? gundogan is world class but also not fit for at least the first month of the season and our midfield got a bumming last season anyway?! left back and right back required and with our wide options a world class centre mid instead of maybe sane might be a better idea if the money doesn't stretch?

I think a lot of that will be needed again as it's down to the opposition and how they set up against us. I would envisage most games at the Etihad, we will be up against two parked buses.
We surely can't again spend minutes around their fullbacks while everyone is covered in the middle in the unlikely case that we break through. We have to get in quicker. If we can't then back to the gk. No point tip tappying for the sake of it which is what Pellegrini had us doing. The opposition lost their fear because we were easy to defend against. We have to change this imo.

if zabba goes we need a left back and right back!

I hear that Bacary Sagna fellow who's been on the TV a bit lately might be easy for City to acquire to replace Zabba. I'm not an ITK though.

Stones sane and fabinho. Can't see suarez or Kroos happening. Would like to be wrong though as in greedy

To be fair, I'm not sure there's a single one of them that's a sure thing. Stones is getting dicked around by Koeman who still hasn't met him and Everton slapping £50million on his head is completely unreasonable. Sane was ours til Munich realised they were about to lose someone from one of their farm teams, ie the rest of the Bundesliga, and stepped in to at best prolong the process and at worst ruin City's chances of landing the kid.

My thinking is - Suarez is highly unlikely, but the status quo can't and won't continue at Barca following the Neymar deal, and they'll never get higher value in him than now, so maybe? Kroos is more likely. Reports indicate he's definitely open to it, it just depends how much City want him. If Real don't want a run on Pogba, and thus don't need extra cash, then it's a matter of Kroos forcing his way out of City paying his obscene release clause.

perez is wonderful joker who can play right or left back and right or left wing so city very interested in him

Incomings always dependent on outgoings. If we can shift the shite we can bring in more. Not too hard to process surely....

new keeper
peres
stones
rodriguez
kroos
gundogan
aubameyang

would be a wonderful window and I chose auba as he can play as a striker if/when Sergio gets injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.