The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes a wum colin, ignore him

Whats a wind up about a player coming back from a knee dislocation and one who has had constant injuries at Barca and Bayern?

As a club injuries to Augero, Kompany, Nasri and Silva have hit us hard over the last few seasons.

IMO its Stones, Sane, Peres, Zinchenko ( who looks to be loaned out).

And one or two marquee signings:

Kroos- Anybody who says he wouldn't improve us is mad. This is a world class midfielder that has been a mainstay in Bayern, Real, and the German National team and has won all there is to win while controlling games.

I think these signings would make a great transfer window.

Another thought:

Maybe the Auba talks and rumors have died down because as others mentioned we are in for Suarez. Pep wanted Suarez while he was at Bayern and he would transform our team. He is a footballing genius but also a madman, the two tend to go together at times but he has cleaned up his record recently apart from the scenes in the Copa which to me shows his uncontested passion to play and will to win.

I would be thrilled with either Auba or Suarez and that would make this transfer window one of our best ever.

Yeah, on the basis of Soriano's quotes that sounds about right to me. Never thought 8/9 signings in one window was likely tbh.

Think Toure could yet stay though, and have a hunch we'll go for a left back rather than a right back.

Cant believe people are talking about being underwhelmed at "only" spending £150m! Well, I can but some expectations just aren't realistic. At least three of those signings will go straight into the starting XI, and you can't just rip apart a team overnight. Evolution, not revolution and all that.

Still think if an opportunity, like say Kroos, presented itself then we'd go for it (as with Otamendi last summer) but I wouldn't pin all my hopes on it.

Just to play devils advocate, people on here might be underwhelmed because of the threads saying Boom and Get ready for the best transfer summer ever?

Seems like we're settling more for tweaking again rather than an overhaul?

Whatever happens I hope we get an upgrade on Bony and Kolarov.

Suarez is a c**t of a person but a fantastic footballer and if we sign him the only thing I could say is that he is our c**t. Him and Aguero could and probably would score 50 goals between them without any problems.

Just listened. At the end i'm sure he doesn't say "two deals are closed...", he says "two deals are close and the others are fairly advanced"...

I've never had high hopes of getting the number of additions that I would like, around 7, but even if we were planning on that kind of number, I seriously doubt Soriano would admit it; in fact I'd be appalled if he would flag something like that up. If I was in his shoes, I wouldn't even admit to 5 possible signings: I wouldn't put any number out there other than how many we have signed.

Evolution nkt revolution should always be the approach but the club's failings, such as they are, mean that we are in need of a mini revolution if we want to make the most of Pep's arrival sooner rather than later.

I think i've taken Soriano's interview very differently from other people. Firstly, for me when he says at the end "we've closed deals for two players" he's not talking about Nolito and Gundogan, he's already mentioned those in the same answer. He then says that they feel they are about "halfway" into their business. That implies actually that expect another four players in on top of the four that are 'closed'. That seems about right if you consider that five players would leave literally no room to add two full backs, no room to add another centre mid, no room to add another striker if Bony leaves.

Also his comment that "some players want to announce after the euros". Well again, who on earth are we looking at who's left at the euros ? Sane & Kroos. Don't see any other players left there in the German squad. Maybe we've got a deal with someone in the French NT (Kante?).

The point is people being underwhelmed based on a soundbite from Soriano are jumping the gun - and equally those people who say if we only sign five players that's underwhelming, are also jumping the gun. If Pep discovers three gems in the EDS who he thinks need room to play at first team level plans could immediately change and we could realistically then be looking at 5 in rather than 8.

I think i've taken Soriano's interview very differently from other people. Firstly, for me when he says at the end "we've closed deals for two players" he's not talking about Nolito and Gundogan, he's already mentioned those in the same answer. He then says that they feel they are about "halfway" into their business. That implies actually that expect another four players in on top of the four that are 'closed'. That seems about right if you consider that five players would leave literally no room to add two full backs, no room to add another centre mid, no room to add another striker if Bony leaves.

Also his comment that "some players want to announce after the euros". Well again, who on earth are we looking at who's left at the euros ? Sane & Kroos. Don't see any other players left there in the German squad. Maybe we've got a deal with someone in the French NT (Kante?).

The point is people being underwhelmed based on a soundbite from Soriano are jumping the gun - and equally those people who say if we only sign five players that's underwhelming, are also jumping the gun. If Pep discovers three gems in the EDS who he thinks need room to play at first team level plans could immediately change and we could realistically then be looking at 5 in rather than 8.

Yh, well as I said having been to the scouting talks the positions in which we've had 3/4 different names linked suggest to me we're sounding out for that position, which adds up to about 7/8. I think it will be at least 6 and up to 8 depending on if the big money moves for ST and CM are pulled off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.