The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we are selling Zaba and Kolarov it does look like we will be heading in to the season with only Clichy and Sagna at full back. I personally think that confirms that Pep will mostly play with 3 at the back (Denayer/Kompany/Mangala/Otamendi/Stones: if you got it, flaunt it) but will keep those 2 full backs for 4 at the back situations and as rotational players at CB and maybe as back up wingers.

It pretty much sounds like Rulli/Sane/Stones will be signing and then it's just a case of whether we will get rid of Yaya and maybe replace him with a centre mid.

Can't wait for the season to start!

We have a couple of young full backs also mate ;-)

Yeah I first heard it here but didn't think much of it but I've heard it elsewhere a few times now

No chance.....Fern and Gundogan are our only top class midfielders. Then we have a declining Toure, Fernando and Delph. And Gundogan is still injured. What a waste that would be.

No chance.....Fern and Gundogan are our only top class midfielders. Then we have a declining Toure, Fernando and Delph. And Gundogan is still injured. What a waste that would be.

Still think Pep can get something from Delph and Fernando.

Still think Pep can get something from Delph and Fernando.

'Get something'

With the greatest respect mate, what standards are you aspiring to?
We want to be up there a properly competing when we get to occasions like SF last year, where we were totally murdered in the centre of the park when Real chose to play...

We need another midfielder in there if we want to mount the challenge all this PR and Advertisement warrants..

'Get something'

With the greatest respect mate, what standards are you aspiring to?
We want to be up there a properly competing when we get to occasions like SF last year, where we were totally murdered in the centre of the park when Real chose to play...

We need another midfielder in there if we want to mount the challenge all this PR and Advertisement warrants..

As I get told.'.. Pep will turn our 'average' players into 'great players' and anyone he wants to buy is instantly great just because he wants them..... you'd think Bruno Peres was Cafu reincarnated since we were linked to him ;)
I'm with you..... we don't need superstars, but alot better than we have in some positions.

I think some of our fans will be in for a shock this summer and the following season, Pep is without doubt a great coach and I am as happy as anyone he is here but he ain't a miracle worker. He can't all of a sudden make average players such as Kolarov, Mangala and Bony etc great players. On the transfer front there will be no 'crack' player I reckon, I think we will sign Sane, stones and hopefully a FB and then we will go with what we have. If that is the case I can't see us winning the BPL or CL this year. I just hope if that us fans give him time to build a squad with his ideas and tactics over the next 3 years. I am in no doubt he will leave this club and first team in better shape than it is now, just can't see him doing it this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.