The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not building for the future, sorry but Rashford and Martial aside there is not a single indication that our Ed is doing anything but splurging cash in the hope that something works.

Look at our academy and the lads already there plus the ones we've brought in this Summer plus the ones heavily linked. That's building for the future.

Even the manager they've got in is for the short term whereas we got Pep. City and the rags are literally chalk and cheese in their outlooks.

I've got to agree with this as well though,because when they did it with Van Rapist,it worked,I'm hoping that big nosed Swedish **** doesn't have the same effect

Looking back on all the FFP threads & with new TV deal etc. We should have around £250m to splurge this year. With the current signings plus Stones, Sane & Bruno we would still have around 80m to go for a game changer.

Stones, should he come, is an expensive gamble...

They've shored up the defence with Bailey...

John Stones has played 77 Premier League games, knows the league,Pep wants him and believes in him but he's an expensive gamble?

£30m Eric Bailly has only ever even played 40 first division(La Liga) games in his entire career but he's shored up the scums defence?

Dear me.

John Stones has played 77 Premier League games, knows the league,Pep wants him and believes in him but he's an expensive gamble?

£30m Eric Bailly has only ever even played 40 first division(La Liga) games in his entire career but he's shored up the scums defence?

Dear me.
Yeah it seemed to me that his post was all about giving their signings a positive slant whilst ours fairly negative. Of course you could flip it over and do the exact opposite but what it boils down to is we have the better squad, the better manager and the better record over the last 4 years.
I fear utd in the same way I fear cute little bunny rabbits.

Guys, stop looking at the rags. They are in win now mode, there's no doubt, but we are entirely different and have different needs.

Trust that Pep can build not just winners now, but for the future as well. It's what he does.

Bang on.

We need to buy game changers who will improve the 11. Not potential or squad players all the time!

I feel we have a lot to do still this summer.
Every area still could do with improving for me especially both FBs and Midfield.

I like the part where you allude to Ilkay Gundogan being a squad player or potential.

Guys, stop looking at the rags. They are in win now mode, there's no doubt, but we are entirely different and have different needs.

Trust that Pep can build not just winners now, but for the future as well. It's what he does.

I like the part where you allude to Ilkay Gundogan being a squad player or potential.

Was that your best bit, yeah?

Yeah it seemed to me that his post was all about giving their signings a positive slant whilst ours fairly negative. Of course you could flip it over and do the exact opposite but what it boils down to is we have the better squad, the better manager and the better record over the last 4 years.
Even the rags have been struggling to do that! We are miles better than them already and have added a central midfielder better than any of theirs and a starter from the Spain XI- Mata couldn't get in the squad! Mkhitaryan is a quality signing but he's still not a patch on KDB and Silva.

That leporiphobia is a bugger isn't it.

Obviously we have to see how the next month or two pan out, but I do hope that the 'powers that be' provide Pep with the tools that he needs to fulfill his objectives, and not instead rest on their laurels thinking securing Pep is some sort of job done.

Yes Gundogan is a good signing, but there are no guarantees given his injury. Nolito hopefully will do a job, but not a game changer. The other couple of lads seem to be for the future. Stones, should he come, is an expensive gamble, and Sane is still young and learning.

I hate to mention that lot across the City boundary, but taking off my blue tinted specs for a moment, their recruitment appears to be much more aggresive. They've shored up the defence with Bailey, and started addressing their glaring midfield deficiencies with Mikhataryn (Sp?), and potentially Matuidi and Pogba. They have ZI to help the young lads up front. And I don't think they're finished yet.

I know I'm going get all sorts of abuse for this post (I'm not a Rag - you can check all my previous posts if you need to), but we can't ignore what's happening around us. We can take the piss out of the rags all we like, but they are building for the here and now, as well as for the future with the likes of Martial and Rashford. Feel really dirty writing that.

I'm just hoping that when it comes to the end of August, I can look back at this post and say - pah, what were you worried about you flapping idiot!

Blue tinted specs back-on.

Rag scum bastards.

How can you say they've shored up defence with Bailly, but write off Stones as a gamble? One has 1 season of senior football experience in Spain, the other 3 seasons of Premier League experience.

Either both are gambles - which I'd accept - or Bailly is the gamble with his complete lack of experience.

They've brought in Ibrahimovic who will probably be as "game changing" as Schweinsteiger was going to be last season. His goal scoring in France doesn't cover up his increasingly small contributions in the Champions Leauge.

You're also talking about 2 potential deals in Pogba and Matuidi which haven't happened yet, and in Pogba's case probably won't.

And this of course forgets that we are already starting from a much stronger base. Our problem wasn't our players - it was how those players were playing under Pellegrini. Just bringing Pep in alone would have been enough for us to win the league last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.