The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we are selling Zaba and Kolarov it does look like we will be heading in to the season with only Clichy and Sagna at full back. I personally think that confirms that Pep will mostly play with 3 at the back (Denayer/Kompany/Mangala/Otamendi/Stones: if you got it, flaunt it) but will keep those 2 full backs for 4 at the back situations and as rotational players at CB and maybe as back up wingers.

It pretty much sounds like Rulli/Sane/Stones will be signing and then it's just a case of whether we will get rid of Yaya and maybe replace him with a centre mid.

Can't wait for the season to start!

So if we are selling Zaba and Kolarov it does look like we will be heading in to the season with only Clichy and Sagna at full back. I personally think that confirms that Pep will mostly play with 3 at the back (Denayer/Kompany/Mangala/Otamendi/Stones: if you got it, flaunt it) but will keep those 2 full backs for 4 at the back situations and as rotational players at CB and maybe as back up wingers.

It pretty much sounds like Rulli/Sane/Stones will be signing and then it's just a case of whether we will get rid of Yaya and maybe replace him with a centre mid.

Gonna be a great season ahead !!!

Thought Bruno Peres was coming in at RB???

Bang on.

We need to buy game changers who will improve the 11. Not potential or squad players all the time!

I feel we have a lot to do still this summer.
Every area still could do with improving for me especially both FBs and Midfield.

The thing is though, we already have game changers. De Bruyne and Aguero are two of the best 'game changers' in the world. The scum have nothing close to their ability. If they sign Pogba (which I think is highly unlikely) I would be willing to bet he wouldn't score as many goals or create as many chances/goals as De Bruyne.

Silva, if he can get his fitness levels back (which he has a great chance of doing under Pep) is also a 'game changer' and as above, is leagues ahead of anything the Scum have.

People need to calm down with the utter wankfest over Martial as well. Yep, he had a good first season but let's see how he does now defenders know a bit more about him. Do you honestly believe Martial is any better than Kelechi or, potentially, Sane?

The only player we haven't replaced as a 'game changer' is Yaya. What we have done however is bring in Gundogan, who lets us play in a completely different style and is one of the best in the business at setting the tempo and dictating play. Remember back to 2012 when we played Dortmund. Gundogan was fucking outstanding while Yaya aimlessly chased shadows before getting knackered.

How many times have we sat there waiting for a 'game changing' moment only for the 'game changer' to have an off day? Have a bit of faith. We are building a whole new style of play which isn't as reliant on 'game changers'. It will be about dominant team performances and consistency.

Obviously we have to see how the next month or two pan out, but I do hope that the 'powers that be' provide Pep with the tools that he needs to fulfill his objectives, and not instead rest on their laurels thinking securing Pep is some sort of job done.

Yes Gundogan is a good signing, but there are no guarantees given his injury. Nolito hopefully will do a job, but not a game changer. The other couple of lads seem to be for the future. Stones, should he come, is an expensive gamble, and Sane is still young and learning.

I hate to mention that lot across the City boundary, but taking off my blue tinted specs for a moment, their recruitment appears to be much more aggresive. They've shored up the defence with Bailey, and started addressing their glaring midfield deficiencies with Mikhataryn (Sp?), and potentially Matuidi and Pogba. They have ZI to help the young lads up front. And I don't think they're finished yet.

I know I'm going get all sorts of abuse for this post (I'm not a Rag - you can check all my previous posts if you need to), but we can't ignore what's happening around us. We can take the piss out of the rags all we like, but they are building for the here and now, as well as for the future with the likes of Martial and Rashford. Feel really dirty writing that.

I'm just hoping that when it comes to the end of August, I can look back at this post and say - pah, what were you worried about you flapping idiot!

Blue tinted specs back-on.

Rag scum bastards.
Rag ;-)

It's only the 5th of July, a bit more patience called for yet I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.