The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These next couple weeks could be unprecedented in terms of our dealings. KowPowBoom!!!

giphy.gif

This summer feels like its been building up to something. Hopefully the bubble isn't about to burst.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens. I'm confident that Pep and Txiki have a plan and know what they're doing, that they have a group of target's that they think will not only improve us now, but will continue to develop and evolve years down the road. I know people want superstar signings, but I don't think that's Pep's style.
I'm not really to bothered about signing Pogba if United don't get him but if city can't go for Kroos and Madrid don't go for Pogba then city should step in a get him knowing he would rather play for Guardiola. I mean where the big club mentality? Rags are showing there muscles in the transfer window and they've not even got champs league. What does that say about other "top clubs"

The ability to play to instructions? Yes. Can he defend? Probably. Haven't seen enough of him to say, but his coach at his old club has used him sometimes at leftback, so more likely than not he is no defensive novice.

I've never been a big believer in positional rigidity. Thankfully, we now have a coach who isn't either.

The current starting RB for Germany Kimich was likened to Gundogan in style and modeled his game on Shweini. Pep got a hold of him and plugged him in at CB a few times, now Low has him at RB.

Also I think organization is where our best defending will come from, not individual defensive effort. That said, I think Zichenko is probably a
good defender.

But we'll see. It fits in my mind. And Ive trusted my view of things more since Pep's hiring.

Said months ago that 2 wingers were a must. We seem to have come to that conclusion with the Nolito and Sane chase.

Pointed out Peres as the type of RB Pep will like as early as February, you can check the 'Pep Targets' thread.

2 ball playing CBs: He chose Laporte and Stones. Laporte fell out, but Stones still seems likely. Not to mention this new Bonucci link.

So my I stincts on the type of players ans how Pep views our needs has been pretty good so far.

My instincts tells me Zichencho is the likely LB candidate. I'm going to stay with that until Pep and City says otherwise :)

I agree with regards to Zinchenko. If he plays at left back for us, from what i've seen of him (technique wise) he could possibly turn into a hell of a player. lots of 'if's' though. I guess time will tell.

Regardless of who we bring in I hope we manage to avoid a long running saga that takes us up to deadline day. Obviously the big transfers are complex deals, but with new players coming in it would be great if they are on board as soon as possible so Pep can maximise training time with them pre season. Probably wishful thinking though, usually the more high profile the player, the longer the wait!

Quite a few starting to report a meeting between Jorge Messi and Abramovic on his yacht.

Sorry meant to post in Twitter thread.

Yeah but don't you need to look at the team as a whole and know what we need? Everyone is talking how we need to overhaul the squad. The problem is you can't do it with just one player. You could buy Pogba and get no one else. Does that improve us drastically? We may still have deficiencies at the back especially if none of our defenders can play out from the back. Instead we could use that money to try to buy defenders like Bonucci and/or Stones can give us options playing out from the back and keeping possession. There's no denying Pogba is a good player and has good skills, but other team might mark him like they did Xabi Alonso at Bayern. Then you need alternatives. Boetang and Alaba were those alternatives getting the ball forward to the wingers or long balls over the top. So for me I think it's better to improve a lot of positions and not just one player.
City just sold a share of the club to China for north of £250mil, that could buy Pogba and his wages for 5 years and still pay for Gundogan and Nolito without going into money generated from the league, champs league or the new sky deal.

City just sold a share of the club to China for north of £250mil, that could buy Pogba and his wages for 5 years and still pay for Gundogan and Nolito without going into money generated from the league, champs league or the new sky deal.

Don't think we can use that dosh for transfers or so I read somewhere.

Feel like there's a lot of over excitement in this thread about the names touted.

Can't see adding Stones, Sane, Kroos, Bonucci propelling us into an unstoppable force as some are making out. Hardly Messi, Neymar, Suarez.

Add a striker to the list and there's reason to get hopes up - otherwise, it's still just relying on Aguero on his own or Iheanacho/Bony when he's injured. Not enough firepower there for a full season/4 comps.

If we get Suarez, Aubameyang or Lewendowski (unlikely as not linked), we're in with a real shout for the CL and beating the likes of Barca.

Nothing wrong with being excited in my opinion. I know you said 'over' but after eons of us being shit i think we more than deserve to feel that way. Imagine us being where Newcastle are & vice versa. Put ya vol a von (sp) down & join the party me old muckah. It's gonna be one hell of a ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.