The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies, seem to have come in to the scum thread by mistake. Can someone point me in the direction of the "it's quiet" thread?

The thing is..in a weird role reversal..Nited are now like we were in 2008..no real draw barring the money..which they are throwing at the wall and seeing what sticks

Some shit will stick..the retiring Ibra for example

Most will just tell them to get to fuck

In fact anyone with any ambition
Anything on this latest news mate ?

Man City set to beat Arsenal to Ricardo Rodriguez transferhttp://thesun.uk/6012BaVIa

The thing is..in a weird role reversal..Nited are now like we were in 2008..no real draw barring the money..which they are throwing at the wall and seeing what sticks

Some shit will stick..the retiring Ibra for example

Most will just tell them to get to fuck

In fact anyone with any ambition

Weird you put it like that because that's how I recently put it to some united fans and they made out like what I said was ludicrous.

Whatever people say about Mourinho though, he's a proven winner and I'd be less worried if Van Gaal was still there. Not that i'm worried at all really.

Do we expect we would have to wait for any Pogba deal with Real to be finalised before we could sign Kroos or would it be irrelevant?

@Ric @tolmie's hairdoo

Just thinking along the lines of who we would want to win tonight then.

I don't think whether Pogba/Kroos leave the Euros on Thursday or Sunday will make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

The first 2 do have major, major question marks.

Ibrahimovic's record against decent teams is not great, and United fans shouting about his 50 goals last season will be crestfallen when they find out the Premier League doesn't have the equivalent of Troyes.

And as for Mkhitaryan, no doubt a great player last season, but also a delicate flower who couldn't adapt to Germany, and was laughably bad under Klopp. His resurgence under Tuchel was brilliant, but I'm not convinced he's going to hit the ground running, or even walking. Mourinho probably won't have the patience to stick with him if he doesn't (see Cuadrado, Salah, KDB, Pedro, Schurrle etc).

All of their transfers have the sense of a gamble about them. Will the 35 year old still be good enough? Will Mkitaryan repeat last season or 14/15? Bailly is an obvious gamble with only 40 professional games in his life.

Maybe it'll all come off and they'll get CL next season, maybe it won't.

Completely agree but some have the view that their signing nobodies and that we'll walk the league which is a bit to soon to be saying.

Well unless they know something we don't....

Weird you put it like that because that's how I recently put it to some united fans and they made out like what I said was ludicrous.

Whatever people say about Mourinho though, he's a proven winner and I'd be less worried if Van Gaal was still there. Not that i'm worried at all really.

To be fair to your raggy friends, I do think there is quite a big difference between us in 2008 - or even 2010 - and them now. They do have the big name manager, and it's easier to tempt someone with a promise that "it's just a blip" than it would have been for Cook to convince people to be the start of something.

That doesn't mean they aren't using piles of money to compensate for lack of Champions League football though, like we were.

I think we need to find a buyer for Toure first and foremost!

I saw yesterday that things are getting strained between Mancini and Inter's management. Suggestions that he's throwing a hissy fit because they won't let him sign older players on big wages after what happened with Felipe Melo and Vidic.

To be fair to your raggy friends, I do think there is quite a big difference between us in 2008 - or even 2010 - and them now. They do have the big name manager, and it's easier to tempt someone with a promise that "it's just a blip" than it would have been for Cook to convince people to be the start of something.

That doesn't mean they aren't using piles of money to compensate for lack of Champions League football though, like we were.

I'd guess that Mourinho will most likely get them top 4 but they've got a way to go to catch up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.