The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it made clear that transfer business would be pretty much on hold whilst the team is in China...?

I'm a total KFA but my guess is that deals in are being held up by the difficulty of moving on some of our high earners. Once you bring players in and oversize the squad you lose any leverage for shipping players out. Anyone looking at Bony will lower their bid once they know we've replaced him and are desperate to ship him out - we essentially face the prospect of having him under contract and not being able to name him in any of our squads.

I'm a total KFA but my guess is that deals in are being held up by the difficulty of moving on some of our high earners. Once you bring players in and oversize the squad you lose any leverage for shipping players out. Anyone looking at Bony will lower their bid once they know we've replaced him and are desperate to ship him out - we essentially face the prospect of having him under contract and not being able to name him in any of our squads.
I don't buy into this way of thinking, surely every other club work the exact same way therefore negating any advantage either way? To be fair I don't pay too much attention to other clubs dealings except in a superficial way so perhaps I'm wrong.

Might be ideal to utilise either NY City or Melbourne to harbour some of our bucksheet players?? Just a suggestion :)

If we get Stones and Sane we'll have 20 players in the 'Free' category. So even now, we're one player over the 17 we're allowed. And you hardly have to be a footballing Einstein to work out that we're desperate to get rid of Bony & Kolarov.

Other clubs have access to all the same gossip...just because replacements haven't arrived yet, doesn't mean other clubs are not aware of city's desire to sell.

That combined with the fact there is more money than quality floating around the PL right now, basically means chill...the musical chairs of player transfers will start soon.

Wasn't it made clear that transfer business would be pretty much on hold whilst the team is in China...?
This is the impression I am under as well. It's clear we probably need to sell some players. Pretty hard to do if they are in China. None of the top English teams seem to be doing much at the moment, bar liverpool.

This is the impression I am under as well. It's clear we probably need to sell some players. Pretty hard to do if they are in China. None of the top English teams seem to be doing much at the moment, bar liverpool.

Takes less time to buy a second hand Mazda than a brand new Ferrari tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.