The Ashes 2010/2011 thread

mcfcliam

South Stand 118 and NOT the Blue Alliance Liam!
England-Vs-Australia-logo.jpg

November

25-29 1st Test, Brisbane
Play starts at 0000 GMT

December

3-7 2nd Test, Adelaide
Play starts at 0000 GMT

10-12 v Victoria, Melbourne
Play starts at 0000 GMT

16-20 3rd Test, Perth
Play starts at 0230 GMT

26-30 4th Test, Melbourne
Play starts at 2330 GMT (25-29 December)

January

3-7 5th Test, Sydney
Play starts at 2330 GMT (2-6 January)

Come on England!

I wanted to start this thread but I was waiting till tomorrow. You jumped in ahead of me liam!

Anyway, looking forward to this. The first day of an ashes series is always special, I've got the beers in and I've spent the past few nights trying to stay up latter and latter so tomorrow won't be that difficult. Any other bluemooners trying to do an all nighter tomorrow?

dannybcity said:
I wanted to start this thread but I was waiting till tomorrow. You jumped in ahead of me liam!

Anyway, looking forward to this. The first day of an ashes series is always special, I've got the beers in and I've spent the past few nights trying to stay up latter and latter so tomorrow won't be that difficult. Any other bluemooners trying to do an all nighter tomorrow?

Yep, I'm gonna try, can't wait!

Prediction Danny?

I reckon England will win it 3-0 or 2-1, I think for once we actually go in as favourites away from home? Not checked odds but should imagine we are.

I think Cook and Strauss are key to the batting, if they get us off to a flyer, we have plenty of depth down the order to cause some real damage.

mcfcliam said:
Yep, I'm gonna try, can't wait!

Prediction Danny?

I reckon England will win it 3-0 or 2-1, I think for once we actually go in as favourites away from home? Not checked odds but should imagine we are.

I think Cook and Strauss are key to the batting, if they get us off to a flyer, we have plenty of depth down the order to cause some real damage.

I'm not sure I can make a prediction because I haven't really seen Australia play with my own eyes. I've read all kinds of stuff about how they're struggling but until I see it for myself I just can't believe it, it's Australia after all. That said I reckon we're good enough to beat almost anyone on our day and we seem to have an air of confidence that in my 10 years of following the cricket (I came to the sport late) we've never had before. I just hope it's a good series and anything else will be a bonus.

All together now; Peter Siddle shops at Lidl...

Im going to have a cheeky £1 on 5-0 but realisticly i think either 3-1 or 3-0 to us. Looking at that aussie side i just cant see them gerting us out easily like they used to and we have the bowling firepower that we had the last 2 times we have won. If kp performs then they have no chance at all because tbh we have played with 10 batters when hes played. Will definitly be staying up for every minute of it. Cant wait, roll on tomorrow

Whoever wins the toss (and will probably bat first) will be strong favourites for the first test match , and I think that's what the Aussies will be hoping for (being in a strong position on day one and ultimately winning the test) ?
The Aussies very rarely lose test matches at The Gabba , but If England win this test then I expect England to go on and win The Ashes quite comfortably .
I think confidence is low in the Aussie camp , and defeat at The Gabba will be damaging .

I predict the average length of each test will be 3 days.

England to win the series 4-0

I actually asked if I could work mites this week, even though I can't stand them!!
Just bought a new iPod to watch it on whilst working, got sky mobile free til new year.
Genuingly think we will win but will be a lot closer than people think. Ian bell to top score for us with broach doing the damage with the ball. Come on England!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.