The Ashes 2010/2011 thread

England have all the time in the world now, about 2 full days of batting to get a massive lead, Cook and Strauss need to see out the new ball and we should be looking for no less than 450/500, a 200/250 run lead and we'll only be chasing 150 ish at worst I think, because the Aussies aren't capable of batting 2 days for me.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
England have all the time in the world now, about 2 full days of batting to get a massive lead, Cook and Strauss need to see out the new ball and we should be looking for no less than 450/500, a 200/250 run lead and we'll only be chasing 150 ish at worst I think, because the Aussies aren't capable of batting 2 days for me.

They are easily capable of batting for 2 days. Ponting is still one of the best batsmen in the game despite his poor form. Hussey has shown once he gets in hes difficult to get out. We have been lucky so far that only 2 of their batters are in some kind of form. For the 1st time all the pressure is on the Aussies so we have to take advantage and get a big lead and then hope our bowlers bowl as well as they did today.

Beware of the wounded animal! The first hour again will be crucial my feeling now is that this game won't be a draw. Always thought Harris was a good bowler so I can see us struggling to post anything above 400(which I would certainly take) not had a chance to see any highlights yet but how did Swann bowl? Much turn etc

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Beware of the wounded animal! The first hour again will be crucial my feeling now is that this game won't be a draw. Always thought Harris was a good bowler so I can see us struggling to post anything above 400(which I would certainly take) not had a chance to see any highlights yet but how did Swann bowl? Much turn etc

No great turn for Swann but he bowled a lot better than he did in Brisbane.

He was really flighting the ball today.

So the story doing the rounds is
Ponting is upset that England's bowlers go off the field when they finish a spell(remember 2005?)
so with Strauss in the middle Haddin has a few "choice" words with him, Strauss has a go back, Ponting hears this and runs over to Strauss and starts on him to which Strauss laughs it off and walks away
Around 10 minutes later Aggers interviews Ponting who is still fuming and Ponting goes a bit mental!

They are really rattled and Ponting is losing the plot, we must take advantage

kippaxwarrior said:
So the story doing the rounds is
Ponting is upset that England's bowlers go off the field when they finish a spell(remember 2005?)
so with Strauss in the middle Haddin has a few "choice" words with him, Strauss has a go back, Ponting hears this and runs over to Strauss and starts on him to which Strauss laughs it off and walks away
Around 10 minutes later Aggers interviews Ponting who is still fuming and Ponting goes a bit mental!

They are really rattled and Ponting is losing the plot, we must take advantage

Aggers really is loving Ponting losing it. Apparently he can't wait for 'Australia Lacks Talent' tonight.

Ponting is rattled, and even if he does get a century 2nd innings Hussey won't score 90 odd every match, and there's no-one else who's a regular centurion at the moment.

For me they won't get much above 400 in the 2nd innings, it'll only start turning MORE and Anderson and Broad are good bowlers.

We get to 500 by the end the final hour on the 3rd day and we could really have a go at them, this may be our best chance to win a match this series.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.