The Athletic article on Alfie Haaland and Keane

I’m in no way defending the lack of response from our players and wish they had confronted Keane, but I think they were in a state of shock and concern for their teammate. The game was petering out into a welcome nil nil, Keane was being sent off (and they wanted to maintain that numerical advantage to confirm the draw) and there was no buildup of adrenaline prior to it just an out of the blue unexpected and unnecessary challenge. Wind the clock back and I am sure many of them wish they had reacted differently.
A welcome 0-0? So the rag goal and Steve Howey's equaliser never happened?

When Pointon twatted Giggs there wasn't much reaction, and that was a lot higher tackle.

As bad as that was, the worst was Chris Morgan on Iain Hume. He left him with a fractured skull and internal bleeding. You can still see the scar even today. And he got away with it, the FA decided they wouldn't discipline Morgan! If you did that to someone on the street you would end up in prison.

As bad as that was, the worst was Chris Morgan on Iain Hume. He left him with a fractured skull and internal bleeding. You can still see the scar even today. And he got away with it, the FA decided they wouldn't discipline Morgan! If you did that to someone on the street you would end up in prison.
A disgraceful elbow, the fact he then tried to protest his innocence as if the player had dived makes him an even bigger ****.

If Keane was a real hard man, he would have knocked on Haaland’s door and asked him to the town square at noon for a proper one-on-one fight.

Trying to cripple the guy when unexpected is a coward’s trick.

I believe this did not retire Haaland though. It was an injury on his other leg that he had to retire over.

Keane took a malicious swipe at Haaland when he was at Leeds as the ball was running out of play for a goal kick, then started rolling round on the floor. The Leeds players, including Alfie and David Wetherall, assumed he was feigning injury and gave him some verbals. However, what they didn’t know was that karma had delivered beautifully and Keane actually had injured himself quite badly while attempting to hurt an opponent.
It was the understandable if subsequently incorrect reaction by Haaland and Wetherall to Keane’s own cowardice and thuggery that motivated his later pre-meditated assault. An absolute shithouse who should have done prison time. Duncan Ferguson was sent down for less

If Keane was a real hard man, he would have knocked on Haaland’s door and asked him to the town square at noon for a proper one-on-one fight.

Trying to cripple the guy when unexpected is a coward’s trick.

I believe this did not retire Haaland though. It was an injury on his other leg that he had to retire over.
He was managing the injury to the other leg fine until Keane stamped on his good knee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.