The Bangles Eternal flame....

Nice one, cool story.
Did you not go back the week after and hang around in the incense shop?
He was an amazing musician, after watching the documentary on him I'm going to listen to his back catalogue right from the start.

And I've got your other book 'Teenage kicks' which I thought was a great read by the way, the title had me hooked before I opened a page :)

So the big question is, have you met the man himself?
We were only there 4 days and that was day 2.

No. Met Andy, Johnny and Mike. Met Mike a load of times - 1st time in 97 I put an ad in Loot seeking 2 x 12 inch Smiths singles I didnt get at the time.
Bloke texts me and says £10 each and gives me an address in Alty. I knock on the door and Mike answers!
And no kidding, i went to Wembley v Watford 2019, take my seat and 5 mins later Mike is sat next to me! Neither of us could believe that one!

As for the great man, the nearest i have got is the filming at the Russell Brand show in 2007. I am stood right in front of the mic, no stage at all and the band came out and he is stood right in front of me (2 feet) for a few mins while Brand ponces around introducing him.
You can see my bald patch a few times throughout.
Right at the end of the song my hand is the first to be held out and first to be shaken - you can see he bows as he shakes it!
14 years and still havent washed it.....

Last edited:
Susanna Hoffs isn't even the hottest Bangle.

The Saw Doctors agree.

“I’d love to have it off with Suzanne Hoff"

It used to be "I’d love to bang the Bangles” as well. They’ve gone all PC.

You can see why it never really made it big and any bands that did changed into pop groups. It lacked proper decent albums with really only “Emergency Third Rail Power Trip” by Rain Parade being a full album of any note.

But from what I’ve seen on documentaries and read in articles, the scene was great to be part of. Cool people who were the children of parents from the original 60s psych scene, great gigs, in a place that hadn’t had a scene of its own before...

The Dream Syndicate are still going, as is Hoffs!
I discovered that for the first time a couple of weeks ago....The Stone Roses were clearly fans :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.